Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: CCW Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I just bought a couple of these, and I have a few of the regular Dickies:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I got the grey and the red (still on the way). My wife said in the grey one I looked "cute", so probably not a give away...
    Definitely do not look like "gun guy" shirts. More like "bowling guy."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Definitely do not look like "gun guy" shirts. More like "bowling guy."
    As planned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I have been buying used work shirts for years from a used uniform supply store. $3.00 each and they are every bit as good or better in some cases than a $50.00 5.11.
    I have 5.11 shirts and similar for dressier occasions, but for every day wear I go with a work shirt. Honestly, I have found the cut to be better for the way the shirt moves and drapes with my body with work shirts.
    I carried a P229 and a BUG this way for 10 years. The last three has been a VP9 and an LCR. Sometimes a VP9 and a P30. Not a P30SK, a full size P30 as a BUG. Just because P30

I have three of these. They come in short & long sleeve. They cover up a gun very well, whether you wear them tucked or untucked.
    https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6885...6874-GN3&csp=f
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I don't know, guys. If your concealment attire prevents printing yet still screams 'GUN,' you're doing it wrong in my book.

Some of the shirts mentioned in this thread are attention-grabbers, in a not-good way, even if they do prevent printing. I prefer clothing that masks the entire concept & activity of carrying.
    Does it scream “gun” to the average head-buried-in-phone-permanent-condition-white person though? Chances are no.

The only reason some of it conveys gun to us is because we’re in-the-know.

ETA: I recently bought some George shirts at Wal-Mart for about $10 a pop. I’m not sure what material they are but the ones I bought are super light weight (crucial here in humid ass Georgia). You know what they scream to me? Suburban white dad.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 06-07-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Does it scream “gun” to the average head-buried-in-phone-permanent-condition-white person though? Chances are no.

The only reason some of it conveys gun to us is because we’re in-the-know.
    I agree.

Does anybody watch the old, Charlie Sheen "Two and a half Men" episodes and think, "gee, Charlie must be packing a pistol, because he's wearing a bright, square bottom, untucked, button up shirt."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I agree.

Does anybody watch the old, Charlie Sheen "Two and a half Men" episodes and think, "gee, Charlie must be packing a pistol, because he's wearing a bright, square bottom, untucked, button up shirt."
    I tend to think God only knows because it's Charlie Sheen

T-shirts work fine for me.

Splurged a bit and got some Tommy Bahama silk shirts at Macys for date night:

I tried to find a link but these are a fairly restrained pattern in black and ‘dockside blue’. Fit is good, i usually am an XL but the L seemed to fit well. I had my G26 with a +2 factory extension, in a RCS Perun AOWB while trying them on, and my wife said it was hard to tell there was any printing.

Site Supporter
    Rich - those are required for Porsche drivers, right?
    Last edited by ranger; 06-13-2018 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List