Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: RFI: CCW Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I just bought a couple of these, and I have a few of the regular Dickies:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I got the grey and the red (still on the way). My wife said in the grey one I looked "cute", so probably not a give away...
    Definitely do not look like "gun guy" shirts. More like "bowling guy."
    Every newbie's slightly-older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Definitely do not look like "gun guy" shirts. More like "bowling guy."
    As planned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I have been buying used work shirts for years from a used uniform supply store. $3.00 each and they are every bit as good or better in some cases than a $50.00 5.11.
    I have 5.11 shirts and similar for dressier occasions, but for every day wear I go with a work shirt. Honestly, I have found the cut to be better for the way the shirt moves and drapes with my body with work shirts.
    I carried a P229 and a BUG this way for 10 years. The last three has been a VP9 and an LCR. Sometimes a VP9 and a P30. Not a P30SK, a full size P30 as a BUG. Just because P30

I have three of these. They come in short & long sleeve. They cover up a gun very well, whether you wear them tucked or untucked.
    https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6885...6874-GN3&csp=f
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I don't know, guys. If your concealment attire prevents printing yet still screams 'GUN,' you're doing it wrong in my book.

Some of the shirts mentioned in this thread are attention-grabbers, in a not-good way, even if they do prevent printing. I prefer clothing that masks the entire concept & activity of carrying.
    Does it scream “gun” to the average head-buried-in-phone-permanent-condition-white person though? Chances are no.

The only reason some of it conveys gun to us is because we’re in-the-know.

ETA: I recently bought some George shirts at Wal-Mart for about $10 a pop. I’m not sure what material they are but the ones I bought are super light weight (crucial here in humid ass Georgia). You know what they scream to me? Suburban white dad.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 06-07-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    "There is no timer in a gunfight. However there is another guy trying to shoot you, and he's probably in a hurry."

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Does it scream “gun” to the average head-buried-in-phone-permanent-condition-white person though? Chances are no.

The only reason some of it conveys gun to us is because we’re in-the-know.
    I agree.

Does anybody watch the old, Charlie Sheen "Two and a half Men" episodes and think, "gee, Charlie must be packing a pistol, because he's wearing a bright, square bottom, untucked, button up shirt."

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I agree.

Does anybody watch the old, Charlie Sheen "Two and a half Men" episodes and think, "gee, Charlie must be packing a pistol, because he's wearing a bright, square bottom, untucked, button up shirt."
    I tend to think God only knows because it's Charlie Sheen
    Random nobody.

T-shirts work fine for me.

Wag more, Bark less Rich_Jenkins's Avatar
    Splurged a bit and got some Tommy Bahama silk shirts at Macys for date night:

I tried to find a link but these are a fairly restrained pattern in black and ‘dockside blue’. Fit is good, i usually am an XL but the L seemed to fit well. I had my G26 with a +2 factory extension, in a RCS Perun AOWB while trying them on, and my wife said it was hard to tell there was any printing.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.”
    — J. C. Watts

Site Supporter
    Rich - those are required for Porsche drivers, right?
    Last edited by ranger; 06-13-2018 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List