Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFA process streamlined

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Can you expand on this?
    The white paper that Hansohn Brothers linked to was primarily what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Joshs: I hope you're right....I'm just not very hopeful about the intentions and desires of any bureaucracy to give up power once obtained. The BATF is no exception.

No one appears to be in any hurry to make sensible changes in the rules regarding silencers.

Put me down for hopeful, but not optimistic.
    Suppressors are a pretty gigantic headache for the NFA Division. They have an archaic process for dealing with the applications that is very man hour intensive. Some staff have occasionally been retasked within Enforcement Programs and Services, not to mention all the overtime that NFA Division has been logging to try to reduce the backlog.

I am going to ask a dumb question. You are required to provide finger prints and photos on a form. How is that streamlined and how is that submitted electronically?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I am going to ask a dumb question. You are required to provide finger prints and photos on a form. How is that streamlined and how is that submitted electronically?

thanks
    My friendly NFA dealer stores them electronically. He prints them, and I sign the card. With an electronic upload system, they could do the same thing with a digital signature.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    My friendly NFA dealer stores them electronically. He prints them, and I sign the card. With an electronic upload system, they could do the same thing with a digital signature.
    I may be tech clueless and missing the obvious, but how does he store them electronically? Do you scan the form with the photos and fingerprints?

I may have t invest in a better scanner.

thanks,

Ed

NFA process streamlined

We use a livescan fingerprint system which stores prints and signatures. When a customer purchases an NFA firearm from us, we simply reprint their fingerprint cards if they are in our system.
    Last edited by Hansohn Brothers; 09-22-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    My LGS that sells a lot of suppressors has a "kiosk" for scanning fingerprints, etc. to facilitate the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I may be tech clueless and missing the obvious, but how does he store them electronically? Do you scan the form with the photos and fingerprints?

I may have t invest in a better scanner.

thanks,

Ed
    Pretty much that. He has a scanner that I place my wee stubby digits on, and he presses a button.

I even said "Presto chango!" while he did it. He remarked that it was not necessary to do so.

I replied that with year-long waits on Form 4's, I was just trying anything that would help.

It's the same basic device that L3 uses here in Texas to scan your fingerprints for your CHL/LTC. If you got yours when I got mine, we had to do the ink on paper thing.

Once stored electronically, my NFA dealer can print them on the appropriate form, and then I sign it. You can also buy the forms from Amazon, take your own prints and sign them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/PrintMatic-Fl...t+Laboratories

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have those three here at the house. You are welcome to borrow some if you like.

Thanks. So it requires a special scanner and program and then puts it on the forms. What about the photos?

I am trying to figure out the process to set up the form that it can be electronically submitted.

Hopefully I will see you at William April tomorrow and we can talk.

thanks,

Ed
    Last edited by Ed L; 09-22-2017 at 11:25 PM.

I've got a Dead Air Sandman K coming from Hansohn Brothers, and I went the Individual Route for this one.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 11-01-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I've got a Dead Air Sandman K coming from Hansohn Brothers, and I went the Individual Route for this one.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I was literally looking at ordering the same can.

Did you just order or take possession?

User Tag List