Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I lived up to my name...

Site Supporter

Well, I lived up to my name...

As in, my PF username:

Name:  pix973722660.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  70.8 KB

I saw it with 30 min left on the clock. No reserve. No bids. $349. Figured it was too nice to pass up at that price. So yeah... now I got me a .380. Again.

A P230SL was actually the first firearm ever owned (way back in 2012). I remember it seeming very accurate compared to most other guns I messed around with, even in my newbie hands. Now that I've been shooting for a few years, I'm interested to see what I can do with one of these.

The caveat... it would jam (FTF) on flat point ammo. That's the main reason I got rid of it. I will say that gun was in kinda rough shape. And I remember the extractor pin would literally work its way out of the gun during shooting, and I'd have to push it back in every time I cleaned it (I'm not even sure I knew what an extractor did at that point). So who knows what else was wrong with it.

Either way, at $350 for a LNIB gun... I can spring for some round nose ammo. Will report back once I get it, and shoot it.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 08-18-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Wow! Nice gun, congrats.

Please do some shooting and report back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Wow! Nice gun, congrats.

Please do some shooting and report back.
    Thank you, sir. Will do.

Great snag!!! I would have been all over that as well which is why I avoid the auction sites. If I did not, all of my meals would be ramen.

Vending Machine Operator
    Nice grab at a good price. Sweet.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Thanks, guys.

Not to brag, but I've had some pretty epic low-ball scores off GB recently. Got a mint 92 Compact for less than $500. A nearly mint Smith 4516-2 for less than $500. And now this...

Seems to be more of a buyer's market these days.

Nice grab! Yup, I'd have been tempted too.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Nice! I recently acquired a P232, kind of by accident. I was surprised how much I enjoyed shooting it compared to Walther PPKs and Beretta Cheetahs
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Nice! I recently acquired a P232, kind of by accident. I was surprised how much I enjoyed shooting it compared to Walther PPKs and Beretta Cheetahs
    Nice. Yeah, I liked the gun. Interesting you mention the Cheetah--I'd have thought that would be a pretty good shooter.

I actually had one of those Japanese police P230s in .32 for a while. I actually made a few hundred selling that gun off, so I'm good with it. But it was also cool, and a very soft shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Thank you, sir. Will do.
    Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.

User Tag List