View Poll Results: Glock 34 with new holster, Glock 17, gen 5, or shut up?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 34 with new proper length holster

10 22.22%
  • Glock 17

18 40.00%
  • Congratulations, now shut up and keep shooting!

6 13.33%
  • Gen 5 beta tester

12 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 34 with option of Glock 19

I carry my 34 at about 3:30. I'm too short waisted to Aiwb it.

I really like the 34 over the 17 and 19, like the 17L over the 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    The effect even happens just with a longer holster body, even if a shorter gun is in it (26 in a 34-length holster.)
    That's why I prefer to use my 17 holster for my 19

I'll have to pick up a 34 holster and give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted;

Mods here are shit.

I just changed from carrying a 19 off duty to a 17. I am much more comfortable with the full size grip.

I used to have a G35 that I really liked but stupidly sold. I am considering picking up a G34. I figure since I like the 17 so much the 34 will be more better.

I'd be curious to hear what @Gio thinks about the OP's question.
    Last edited by BJJ; 08-18-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Site Supporter
    Well, this hasn't made things any easier... Gen 5s aren't that far out I suppose I should wait to see what it offers at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Well, this hasn't made things any easier... Gen 5s aren't that far out I suppose I should wait to see what it offers at the least.
    I think your take away from this should be that you're just going to have to find what works best for you. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's kind of the truth.

You could always just buy a 17 and a 34 and then sell off whichever one doesn't work for you towards another copy of one that does.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

So, here are my thoughts. I have all of the listed options, except the Gen5 (obviously). I carry the G19 90% of the time. The other 10% (off work/around the house) it's a G26 or G43. The G17 is my dedicated nightstand pistol with a WML, the G34 is a play gun.

For ME, the G19 is the largest pistol I can carry concealed under my daily work/out and about off duty/church clothes. For ME, the level of effort in wardrobe and holster changes required to carry the G17 isn't worth the squeeze. In the winter, I can get away with the bigger pistols, but still carry the G19, because that's what I'm most familiar with.

For those who can comfortably conceal the 17/34 on a daily basis, I would never suggest they "down gun" to the 19.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    For ME, the G19 is the largest pistol I can carry concealed under my daily work/out and about off duty/church clothes. For ME, the level of effort in wardrobe and holster changes required to carry the G17 isn't worth the squeeze. In the winter, I can get away with the bigger pistols, but still carry the G19, because that's what I'm most familiar with.

For those who can comfortably conceal the 17/34 on a daily basis, I would never suggest they "down gun" to the 19.
    This describes me pretty well too. I can't conceal a 17 size grip to my satisfaction on a regular basis, so I typically carry a 19. That said, I don't think there is any measurable statistical difference in how I shoot a 19 vs a 17/34 unless I'm wearing gloves, so I don't feel I'm at a disadvantage.

To answer the OP's question I would wait until the gen5 is out to see what I is. If it's identical to the M guns or at least uses the same fire control parts, I would go with the gen5.

When I carry, it's a Glock 17 AWIB in a Glock 34 holster from JMCK. The wingclaw 2.5 works well for me.

I don't own a G34, but every time I get to shoot one I feel like it points easier for me. Eventually I might pick one up, but at the moment I'm going to expand else where. When I do pick up a 34 I already have a holster for it, and I know it's going to be comfortable. I would get the 34 in your shoes. If you don't like it, you can just pick up a 17 slide. I really prefer the full size grips.

-Cory

A consideration, is the 34 may require higher power factor ammo to run reliably. Not a problem with "duty" ammo, but possibly with some practice ammo. All things considered, I find the 17 more reliable than a 34, and the 34 softer shooting than a 17. Probably not surprising since the 17 was the original design, and considerable work was done with slide mass and balance during the development process of the 17.
    Last edited by GJM; 08-20-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Spell better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List