Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Building my precision reloading setup, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Have you seen David Tubb's video on Precision Reloading?
    A buddy married David's daughter.

I once made the mistake of letting him pull me into a reloading discussion.

I get dizzy even thinking about that conversation.

Dude has forgotten more about loading ammunition than most of us combined will ever know.

If I had a set up like the one he has in his shop, I'd never settle for anything less than 1/2 MOA.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Chargemaster! I was able to crank out another OCW spread for 6.5 Grendel in about 40 min.
    Jelly over the Chargemaster.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Jelly over the Chargemaster.
    Wait for a sale...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wait for a sale...
    It would have to be one hell of a sale #PoorFag
    #RESIST

So, I set up my sizing die per the factory instructions and have been resizing my .308 brass. Physically, it's a bit of an effort, despite trying different types of case lube. Also, the sizing die leaves marks down nearly all of the case body but not, say 90%.

I feel like I'm doing it wrong...but the rounds I've reloaded chamber and shoot well enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    #RESIST

So, I set up my sizing die per the factory instructions and have been resizing my .308 brass. Physically, it's a bit of an effort, despite trying different types of case lube. Also, the sizing die leaves marks down nearly all of the case body but not, say 90%.

I feel like I'm doing it wrong...but the rounds I've reloaded chamber and shoot well enough.
    Seems typical to me. You really are doing something that would take some effort. This is where the Rockchucker would be a little nicer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Seems typical to me. You really are doing something that would take some effort. This is where the Rockchucker would be a little nicer.
    I concur. The marks you see on the brass appear to be typical if my own 308 brass is an indicator (using a Redding Body Die). FWIW, I use Imperial Sizing Wax.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I know that the Rockchucker is heavier duty, but I really don't think that this 1967 Jr. is lightweight. It's all steel/iron and beefy as hell. Not my picture, but you get the idea. I also have an Inline Fab handle.

Name:  4397527_01_rcbs_jr_3_press_w_tray_and_pri_640.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  36.6 KB
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 09-17-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    #RESIST

I really don't think that this 1967 Jr. is lightweight
    Your press is plenty strong, but the RC has a compound leverage system like your 550:
    Name:  RC.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  31.2 KB

Ah, copy. Maybe someday I will upgrade. I've tried Imperial Sizing Wax, Royal CaseLube, and homemade lanolin/pure alcohol case lube.
    #RESIST

User Tag List