Thread: RFI: Aimpoint 6X and 3X Magnifiers

RFI: Aimpoint 6X and 3X Magnifiers

Hello long time listener first time poster

Ladies and Gentleman of P-F,

I have a request for information from anyone who has had some decent time utilizing Aimpoints newer magnifiers, specifically the higher end 6X and 3X models. I'm currently running a NightForce NXS 1-4 with a FC3G reticle that I like but sometimes the red dot calls my name again specifically a comp M4.

One of the other reasons is I have two main carbines that are identical (duty and then training/backup), the other one is lacking an optic at the moment. I like the idea of having Aimpoints on both and then having a magnifier in a larue flip mount that I can switch between carbines as needed.

My main need/want for the magnifier is to assist in PID, I'm lest concerned about having a specific ranging reticle. Also as far as environment that it will be used in: I work in a rural/suburban mix county where I can be in a commercial shopping district that has a lot of service population and in a short time I then could be responding to a residence of some fashion located on multiple (100s or more) acres with woods, pasture, combination, and a long driveway or path of entrance that I choose.

Thanks,

AT
    Last edited by karmapolice; 08-18-2017 at 10:06 AM.

I have ran a Aimpoint 3X deployed thus and my last deployment behind a CompM4. No issues and I like the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I have ran a Aimpoint 3X deployed thus and my last deployment behind a CompM4. No issues and I like the combo.
    You can pm for persec/opspec but what kind of environment and are you happy with the 3X magnification. Also if you don't mind what kind of carbine set up IE 10.3",14.5"?

Thanks!

Iraq, in and out of vehicles. City to outside flat sandy spots with longer shots. Sometimes used to ID a target without bringing the rifle up. Standard 14.5 M4. I used the 3X twist mount from Aimpoint. It's better to me and my missions than the Larue mount.

For long range I used CAS 1/2 the time.

Sorry at the Gym right now and it's 2100 I might have a better response in the morning.

I am actually looking at selling my USO 1-4 for another Aimpoint compM4.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 08-18-2017 at 12:58 PM.

I've seen several mentions that the 6X was designed specifically with the T-2. I was wondering how it runs with the PRO.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I'm fairly new to the Aimpoint 3x-C, but I do have a pretty good amount of time/rounds behind one. Pat Mac piqued my interest in the magnifier at a class and he's been running the 3x-C lately.

I purchased mine from Larue Tactical for 380$ with the flip mount. I also purchased the Aimpoint brand cantilever spacer for the aimpoint Pro mount. The PRO and the magnifier weigh 2 ounces less than a US Optics 1-4 in an ARMS mount I've been playing with on loan.

I really like it so far... the difference kicks in at about 75 yards for me and I really like using it out 100 - 200 yards... Its a different animal than a Low Power variable, but so far out to 200 yards I think it works really well.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 08-18-2017 at 08:07 PM.

For target ID and playing whack-a-mole on limited exposure heads/limbs at 75+ I think it's a good capability to have around.

Has anyone had any updates with their experience with the Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and/or Aimpoint 6XMag-1? I am looking to replace my EOTech G33 with one or the other, and am wondering if the 6x is simply too much for the role, given its limit FOV and alleged tight eyebox. This would be going on an 11.5" with a CompM5; I have no interest in an LPVO for this gun, I have other guns that are already equipped with quality LPVOs.

Note that the 3XMag-1 (released in 2016) is not the same as the much older 3XMag (released in 2005, discontinued in 2018) which is considered inferior to the EOTech magnifiers, nor is it the consumer grade 3X-C (released in 2016).

User Tag List