Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody Up For One of These?

Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Here we go.
    David S.

No. It’s just not my style to rub anyone’s nose in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    They're entitled to kneel if their clubs support them. What will fans do?
    I'm entitled to watch College ball on Saturday and mow the lawn on Sunday.... and spend my money at NASCAR instead.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-25-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I believe the owners, coaches and players are about to learn a very painful lesson.

I learned from my call to Directv this morning that I can only stop receiving the NFL season package before the season starts. It's already on my reminder calendar. We simply are not going to watch the NFL any longer.

Sure, the players and staff have every right to express their opinion. However, try this in your workplace and see how far it gets you. There're plenty of ways they can exercise those 1st Amendment rights on their own time. Individuals also have the right to vote with their feet, their dollars and their time.

I just ordered one of these from Amazon. One of the many pleasures of being retired is that I wear casual pants and t-shirts every day when weather permits.

Name:  81uxudU2XIL._UX679_.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  27.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I learned from my call to Directv this morning that I can only stop receiving the NFL season package before the season starts.
    Their recording says that. But if you talk to an agent they will ask why you want to drop it and will allow you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Their recording says that. But if you talk to an agent they will ask why you want to drop it and will allow you to do so.
    Robinson: I spoke (at length) to an agent, and he was clear that once the season started, you could not remove it from your package. I'm unwilling to endure another effort to go through their "customer service" system in order to test that conclusion.

The website says you can't make changes online....have to call customer service....and then after an extensive excursion through the recorded menu options, you end up with an agent. While I had him on the line, I made some other changes which will reduce the revenue of Directv.

No. Their opinions don't matter and responding, at all, is merely giving them the power they think they have.

And besides all that, I thought everyone stopped watching football last year?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Robinson: I spoke (at length) to an agent, and he was clear that once the season started, you could not remove it from your package. I'm unwilling to endure another effort to go through their "customer service" system in order to test that conclusion.

The website says you can't make changes online....have to call customer service....and then after an extensive excursion through the recorded menu options, you end up with an agent. While I had him on the line, I made some other changes which will reduce the revenue of Directv.
    I'm sorry that you had that lack of result. I dropped my subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket yesterday and was not the only person to do so according to the agent I spoke to. It's way too expensive to keep if you're not using it.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't watch football, I don't care who kneels and who doesn't, and I never wear bumper sticker t-shirts. I'm probably not the target market.

If the kneeling hadn't gotten attention, the whole phenomena would be over by now.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 09-25-2017 at 03:11 PM.

User Tag List