Thread: Specific HK Gunsmith Question on Trigger Type Conversion

Specific HK Gunsmith Question on Trigger Type Conversion

I'm mulling over a move to purchase a new compact pistol, in either DA/SA or LEM. This would be used for carry, as well as competition.

Because of previous purchase decisions, I currently own a VP9 and a P30SK V1. I like both pistols. I currently shoot the VP9 in USPSA, and CCW the P30SK.

My short list of future candidates includes an HK P2000 and the USP Compact. Both are available in DA/SA or LEM, and I'm wondering which to chose.

I have a very specific question about trigger type conversion. Same question for each:

If one buys a DA/SA version, is it generally possible to convert it later to LEM?

So, for example, if I purchased a P2000 in traditional double action, can it be converted to a LEM version by a gunsmith? Same for a USPc.

I'm familiar with the features of both guns (decocker method varies, etc.), so what I am thinking of is what happens if say I buy a TDA version, can I go to LEM if I decide to.

An accurate answer will help either weed out one of these guns for consideration, or confirm both are options.

Appreciate any input on this.

Not factory authorized on the P2000, but here is a linky for the SK version:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...v1-v2-lem.html

USPc can be done with a parts kit.

ETA: If it would be helpful, I can post comparison pics of a P2000, P2000SK, and USP9c.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 08-17-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Not factory authorized on the P2000, but here is a linky for the SK version:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...v1-v2-lem.html

USPc can be done with a parts kit.

ETA: If it would be helpful, I can post comparison pics of a P2000, P2000SK, and USP9c.
    Thanks.

I don't need pics, but if you'd like to, no problem (I would train with and get used to the different decocker methods (frame button vs lever).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks.

I don't need pics, but if you'd like to, no problem (I would train with and get used to the different decocker methods (frame button vs lever).
    If you have a V1 I'd go dry fire a v3 in a local shop. You may completely decide to stick with the V1,2 or 4 after that. If you can handle the bulk the USPc would be the way to go as the triggers are a bit better on them IMHO. Additionally you get factory warranty with swap from LEM to TDA as stated by CCT125US. On the flip side the P2000 is optimal in size though it is G19ish. You'll get mag compatibility across the board though which is nice. Being able to run a match hybrid LEM might be cool in the USPc, though I do prefer the way the P2000/SK recoil and run though but to each his own. Sight options as I am sure you know are abysmal.

The P2000 and USP C are great guns, but neither will be materially easier to shoot than your P30SK. Assuming you don't feel comfortable with a VP9SK, which is the logical carry analog to your VP9, and you want a trigger that makes you look at least as good as your skill level, maybe check out a Langdon PX4C, which is one of the best shooting compact pistols out there, and has a hammer for carry considerations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The P2000 and USP C are great guns, but neither will be materially easier to shoot than your P30SK. Assuming you don't feel comfortable with a VP9SK, which is the logical carry analog to your VP9, and you want a trigger that makes you look at least as good as your skill level, maybe check out a Langdon PX4C, which is one of the best shooting compact pistols out there, and has a hammer for carry considerations.
    Wish I could "like" this more than once; I have or have had all these pistols and have a lot of time with both P2000 and USPc. This would include LEM, but the P2000 V3 with hammer and sear spring upgrades was my carry choice for a couple of years before the Langdon gun came along. The PX4CC is superior to either of the HK's, IMO, ergonomically and from a shooting perspective.

User Tag List