Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloading 9mm glocks with cast and or lead bullets

Reloading 9mm glocks with cast and or lead bullets

My question of the week. I was wondering if you can reload 9mm ammo for a gun like a Glock. From what I have read they seem to be a high teck gun and I was woundering if you can use reloads in them or not. I was also wondering if you can reload using cast and lead bullets like swc. I guess my question could be for any 9mm semi auto. Some people might say with ammo so inexpensive for this caliber why reload. I don't own a 9mm but I know some day I will and I just like reloading.

Yes you can shoot reloads in a Glock. Shooting lead bullets can cause leading in the barrel so just make sure to use coated bullets, plated or fmj and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Glocks have polygonal rifling in the barrel that can have dangerous lead build up occur if you use unplated lead bullets. You can either buy a different aftermarket barrel with regular rifling to enable you to use lead bullets or as stated by the other post use plated or jacketed bullets when you reload.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EMC; 08-17-2017 at 03:49 PM.

You can also use coated cast lead bullets in Glocks.

http://leatherheadbullets.com/9-mm/
    #RESIST

Ok, so for y'all that are using coated bullets in Glocks, are you using standard .356 bullets or larger .357 bullets? Cleaning schedule? I load coated for conventional rifling and jacketed for my polygonal stuff (Glock and HK), but it'd sure be nice to consolidate it all to coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Ok, so for y'all that are using coated bullets in Glocks, are you using standard .356 bullets or larger .357 bullets? Cleaning schedule? I load coated for conventional rifling and jacketed for my polygonal stuff (Glock and HK), but it'd sure be nice to consolidate it all to coated.
    I've only used .356, works quite well.
    #RESIST

I've had good luck with .356 as well. But the best way to determine bore diameter is to slug the bore. All of my Berettas shoot best with .357 bullets.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I get tumbling with standard .356 bullets and am gonna move up to .357 for the Berettas.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I get tumbling with standard .356 bullets and am gonna move up to .357 for the Berettas.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Interesting, I've shot a quarter ton of .356 coated bullets in several Berettas and never had tumbling issues. Been thinking about doing .357's to try to get things to work with the polygonal guns though

I got tumbling with cast .355" bullets in a late Gen3 G17 with an OEM barrel, so I went to .358" cowboy bullets. Things improved dramatically at 25 and 50 yards. Keep an eye on fouling and you'll be fine.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List