Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist Attack in _____________

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Terrorist Attack in _____________

Tragically, it's just easier to have a thread with that title. From BBC News:

A van has ploughed into crowds in Barcelona's famous Las Ramblas tourist area.

People were killed and injured as the vehicle sped along the pedestrianised area, sending many fleeing for cover in shops and cafes.

Witnesses said the van had deliberately targeted people before coming to a stop.

El Pais newspaper said the driver of the vehicle had fled on foot after mowing down dozens of people.

Police are treating the incident as a terror attack.

Spanish media reports say one or two armed men barricaded themselves inside a bar in the area after the attack.
    Still unfolding.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Anyone else already assuming what I'm thinking? Another Islamic terrorist attack...can't wait to see how the media spins this one. Tragic for all those affected.
    Shoot more, post less...

I'm sure the media will twist it into a KKK member on vacation.

Reddit Live Thread.

Reddit Coverage.

Apparently rumors of a hostage situation?

Has there been a "technical" discussion of these style attacks here? IA and whatnot?
    Last edited by PNWTO; 08-17-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I'm sure the media will twist it into a̶ ̶K̶K̶K̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶v̶a̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ an excuse for more gun control.
    FIFY
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It's Trump's fault.
    And white supremacists.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Has there been a "technical" discussion of these style attacks here? IA and whatnot?
    Greg Ellifritz has discussed it. He probably has more on his website.
    Last edited by Chance; 08-17-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

World reaction after a week: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Let's buy flowers for the dead, promise emphatically that we will not yield to terrorism, racism, hate or violence, and continue our lives like nothing happened... again.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Let's buy flowers for the dead, promise emphatically that we will not yield to terrorism, racism, hate or violence, and continue our lives like nothing happened... again.
    Don't forget the changing of the FB pic to The Spanish flag and #SoyBarcelona .
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List