Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At $45 per tire (brand new), would you use these for a commuter truck?

At $45 per tire (brand new), would you use these for a commuter truck?

1. Find the Walmart SKU of what you are looking for, it's the last number in the URL/website address of the specific item on Walmart.com

2. Plug that into this site and then if it shows to be on sale, step 3.

3. Check your local Walmart to make sure that item is in stock and on sale.

4. Remember that I actually need new tires now, 265/70R16s

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-...5R16C/11983160

Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    #RESIST

Depends on what you're using the truck for I guess. I've had Wally World tires on beater vehicles before and had no complaints, but like any tire I change them before they get worn to crap.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

As long as road noise is not an issue for you, they will work. It appears they are a "special" for Wal-Mart, so I would assume some corners have been cut.

Site Supporter
    Where are you getting those for $45/tire? That's the size I run on my 4Runner. I don't need tires, but at that price, I'll pick up a set for future needs.

Chris

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Me? No. My days of listening to tire roar are over. I no longer do aggressive tires, diesels, lift kits, and/or after market exhausts.

If I needed to save some cash and didn't mind tire noise, though, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Where are you getting those for $45/tire? That's the size I run on my 4Runner. I don't need tires, but at that price, I'll pick up a set for future needs.

Chris
    Once I get them I'll tell you if there's any left as my current tires are nearly bald
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Once I get them I'll tell you if there's any left as my current tires are nearly bald
    Well, don't forget your fellow poorfags.

Chris

Maybe if I took frequent trips off road. I run something less aggressive for highway use. Too much road noise and balance issues with those, and fuel mileage will decrease compared to something less aggressive.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

Chris
    Yeah, I was going to say, those look like $200/ea, once they get mounted and balanced, so $45 is crazy cheap. The cheap tire I just put on my daughter's civic was almost $100, once it got mounted and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Stay on top of tire wear and rotate and balance often. In my line of work I see a lot of Goodyear wrangler tires with abnormal wear at low miles.

If your getting a set for $180 and lasts you 2 years, I think you've done good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List