Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At $45 per tire (brand new), would you use these for a commuter truck?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    As long as road noise is not an issue for you, they will work. It appears they are a "special" for Wal-Mart, so I would assume some corners have been cut.
    Yeah, WalMart always wins on those deals. Even then though, while I despise Goodyear for making garbage you could do far worse at $45.

Alignment will be critical with such large lugs.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

My commute is 18.2 miles round trip, four times a week. My truck has just about 190k miles on it and it's an '04. These facts are making me lean towards "cheap tires"
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I dug up a review on those tires that tells me they're good for 53k if you take care of them. My truck gets about 2k/year, so at that rate, they'll rot before I wear them out.

Chris

Are you getting those from Walmart? Must be store dependent as the closest one to me says 165$ but I live in a an ag area so maybe there's a premium for them.

I would jump on these as a winter tire for my 4-runner for $45 a piece. I don't have the commute I used to and could get away with something like this. I'm tired of getting stuck in the snow/ mud in the woods when I go shooting at the farm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootingrn View Post
    Are you getting those from Walmart? Must be store dependent as the closest one to me says 165$ but I live in a an ag area so maybe there's a premium for them.

I would jump on these as a winter tire for my 4-runner for $45 a piece. I don't have the commute I used to and could get away with something like this. I'm tired of getting stuck in the snow/ mud in the woods when I go shooting at the farm.
    Wish I'd found a deal like this when I put tires on the Durango last year. Ah, well. The yokohamas are probably better for what we mostly do with it. Just freaking expensive.

I was trying to get these from Walmart but the ones on sale are not in stock anywhere. Updating the OP, hopefully we can all find some and folks won't snatch my much needed new tires
    #RESIST

I had them on my Jeep. Decent tires. I replaced them with Toyos when they finally wore out, which took a while. Would buy again, especially at that price.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I was trying to get these from Walmart but the ones on sale are not in stock anywhere. Updating the OP, hopefully we can all find some and folks won't snatch my much needed new tires
    My local Discount Tire dealer has been excellent to work with. If you have a local one, stop by there with that ad and they will do their best to match it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Can't you fit 265/75/16 on your truck? My 4Runner was originally equipped with 265/70/16 as well, but I've been running 265/75/16 for a decade.

The WM in Alexandria has 4. Unless clearances are really tight on your truck, I'd go for it.

ETA: A tiresize calculator says the new tire will be 1" larger in diameter than your current ones and will cause your speedo to reed 3.29% low. At 70mph, that's 2.34mph off, which won't even get you a ticket if you're close to the speedlimit per your speedo.

Call Alexandria, buy the tires, enjoy the savings.

Chris
    Last edited by mtnbkr; 08-17-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Can't you fit 265/75/16 on your truck? My 4Runner was originally equipped with 265/70/16 as well, but I've been running 265/75/16 for a decade.

The WM in Alexandria has 4. Unless clearances are really tight on your truck, I'd go for it.

ETA: A tiresize calculator says the new tire will be 1" larger in diameter than your current ones and will cause your speedo to reed 3.29% low. At 70mph, that's 2.34mph off, which won't even get you a ticket if you're close to the speedlimit per your speedo.

Call Alexandria, buy the tires, enjoy the savings.

Chris
    I called, they don't actually have them. If you check their store's website with that SKU, it shows out of stock. My truck could easily fit those.
    #RESIST

User Tag List