Thread: CMC flat drop in Glock triggers

CMC flat drop in Glock triggers

I have often wondered if a flat faced trigger wouldn't help with the all the "shooting left" that people experience as the curved face of the OEM trigger could easily induce the shooter to have an uneven trigger pull instead of a straightback pull. However, as far as I can tell, most, if not all, the flat faced triggers available on the market also do things to the internal geometry of the trigger system so that they are, at worst, unreliable if not dangerous, or make the gun just way too easy to shoot and not carry worthy in my opinion.

I came across the following video today and they claim to leave the innards totally OEM. They claim that the changed geometry of the trigger shoe itself produces a smoother take up and a shorter faster rest. I'm a little dubious about these claims but I am no engineer and if the internals are truly unchanged this trigger might just be interesting.

Watch the video and post your opinions:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

#RESIST

So basically it's an Overwatch Precision trigger with a different trigger shoe sans NP3 coatings. Neat I suppose, if you're into CMC triggers.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Most of the flat faced trigger claim to use parts. While they do, it is very deceiving. Tom has posted about it numerous times and I will mess it up if I try to explain it. Changing the trigger shoe changes the geometry and interactions of the internals and this can compromise the safety of the guns.

I have a problem with hooking the trigger and not contacting the trigger face evenly. In practice the flat face does help me to be aware when I'm doing it wrong. In fact I didn't realize how badly I hooked the trigger until I got the Overwatch trigger.

I have/had a software problem. The hardware doesn't fix it tho. It just brought awareness to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

PensFan
    Good job Tom. I see so many of these you wouldn't believe. When I show people why and how they are unsafe most people want them out of their guns.

Removing pretravel in Glock triggers almost always compromises one if not all three safeties. And most don't stop there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    (how to determine that is a topic that requires more time than I have available right now and involves a little hand waving).
    I'd be interested in reading such a post/thread if you end up with the time and interest to make it.

Hello thank you for that detailed post tom. What are some reccomended aftermarket triggers which will improve the "feel" yet not compromise safety? I was looking at suarez flat face triggers. Those any good?

I've read that the Apex Glock trigger does not alter the trigger bar movement from standard OEM specs. I have not verified that and see some conflicting info regarding that as well. I too would like to find a flat faced trigger that does not alter OEM spec. It would be nice if trigger companies were better about spelling out exactly what there trigger changes as compared to OEM specs.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List