Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza guns at Summit

Pizza guns at Summit

Summit Gun Broker has pizza guns in stock. Sadly, I'll not be able to enjoy this sale myself

Beretta 92FS at $349

Beretta 92SB Compacts at $495- wish they had these earlier.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 08-16-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Vending Machine Operator
    It hurts, physically, to pass up the SB Compacts and cheap Berettas in general, but I have literally 3 Berettas at various stages of layaway right now.

Please, other PF-ers, give 'em a home. If you don't have a 92, you want one.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    If you don't have a 92, you want one.
    My wallet is not ready for this but...oh sweet baby Jesus, three fiddy for a 92FS ... I have some questions: will the non-vertec grip be an issue for my small hands? From the top of my middle finger to the start of my wrist measures at around 6 inches, pretty much the same length as a Glock 19 slide. I know there is the short reach trigger and various aftermarket grips like Langdon's VZ grips and Hogue G10's but do these combined greatly mitigate any potential issues I may have with trigger reach? I can get good leverage on my E2 equipped P226 with a stock trigger but it leaves me with having to shift my grip in order to hit the mag release, if that gives any useful info.

And on the value side of the house, would it be logicial to spend $350 on a 92FS if I want
    1. A fiber optic front drilled in from someone like Allegheny Gunworks
    2. Both a short reach trigger along with some form of a reduced grip panel
    3. Wilson Combat #12 mainspring
    4. $55 Type G conversion kit from Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    My wallet is not ready for this but...oh sweet baby Jesus, three fiddy for a 92FS ... I have some questions: will the non-vertec grip be an issue for my small hands? From the top of my middle finger to the start of my wrist measures at around 6 inches, pretty much the same length as a Glock 19 slide. I know there is the short reach trigger and various aftermarket grips like Langdon's VZ grips and Hogue G10's but do these combined greatly mitigate any potential issues I may have with trigger reach? I can get good leverage on my E2 equipped P226 with a stock trigger but it leaves me with having to shift my grip in order to hit the mag release, if that gives any useful info.

And on the value side of the house, would it be logicial to spend $350 on a 92FS if I want
    Don't forget sending the slide to Trijicon for a relamping
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It looks like the standard grips on the Compact Type M make the grip darn near as wide as a double stack with really thin grip panels, negating the theoretical advantage of the single stack. Am I correct in that?

In the purely hypothetical situation that someone had put up a lifetime supply of S&W 3953s, would there be any reason for him to pick up a 92 Compact Type M?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Don't forget sending the slide to Trijicon for a relamping
    Are they actually replacing lamps again? Last time I looked into that, it appeared they were just doing some sort of clamp-on arrangement.

Whatever BS made that happen is on the list of things Trump needs to change, just sayin'.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-16-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

$350.00 for used 92.
    $400 in Wilson Combat package goodies including refinish.

$750.00 for a gun that's 9/10s the capability of a Brigadier Tactical at 1/10th of the wait time and 40% greater holster compatibility is a 100% win.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It looks like the standard grips on the Compact Type M make the grip darn near as wide as a double stack with really thin grip panels, negating the theoretical advantage of the single stack. Am I correct in that?

In the purely hypothetical situation that someone had put up a lifetime supply of S&W 3953s, would there be any reason for him to pick up a 92 Compact Type M?
    I sadly don't know on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post

The closest thing to rocking a 92 with no grips at all is the Vertec ones. They'll fit the full size frame just fine, and are smaller side to side in ways smaller handed folks would like .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Forum members considering the M type compact should investigate price & availability of magazines. I did a quick check on gunbroker and they command about $100 each for the few examples I could find. I don't know if this is typical at vendors like Numerich, et al, but would be enough of a concern to cause me to waive off.
    Last edited by Willard; 08-16-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Forum members considering the M type compact should investigate price & availability of magazines. I did a quick check on gunbroker and they command about $100 each for the few examples I could find. I don't know if this is typical at vendors like Numerich, et al, but would be enough of a concern to cause me to waive off.
    I'll definitely qualify my desire for the Type M by agreeing with this. Lack of available quality magazines has relegated my Sig P6 to a range queen. I like the M-types as a collector, not a shooter.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List