View Poll Results: Which type of aiming system is on your pistol?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Front night sight and black rear

24 20.00%
  • Two dot night sights (night sight front, one dot rear)

15 12.50%
  • Three Dot Night Sight

42 35.00%
  • Fiber front with black rear

26 21.67%
  • Black front and Black rear (Defoor type sights)

7 5.83%
  • MRDS (for Ninja and his followers)

6 5.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 sight choices

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Some flavor of 2 or 3 dot night sights with no paint on the rear vial(s). I mostly have Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals (their trijicon HD style sight), have pro operators on a one gun, a 2 dot mixed setup on my G35 (Heinie rear w/ 1 vial night sight, Dawson Precision white outline tritium FS) and i think ameriglo pro operators on my 3rd gen 19. FO on my game pistol.

Favorite all around sight combo is a red fiber front and a blacked out rear. Usually a .125W front & a .140-.150 rear. However, I am coming around to the Trijicon HD XRs. I have them on *some* of my pistols. Going to explore further. The standard HD front sight is too wide for my taste. I also like the Ameriglo's found on the PX4 CC. As long as I have a bright ass red or orange front sight and a blacked out rear or a rear like a Trijicon HD where the rear dots aren't noticeable I'm happy.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    For a while I have preferred a high visibility front tritium sight such as a Tcap or HD with a black rear sight. Recently I have been working with and changing some pistols over to a FO (green) front.

I see the sight much better during daylight and most "normal" indoor lighting. For the times I do not have enough ambient light, I have found weaponlights or a hand held to provide adequate light. I also like I can get a thinner front blade with FO over the tritium.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post
    Lol same. I had a convo with Craig and we both ended up agreeing they were helpful more than they were "needed".
    Basically my feeling on the subject, and no real negative if you do have them.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    3 dot night sights but I can't stand bright outlines around the rear tubes. My preference is Ameriglo Pro Operator rear (yellow with no outline) and ProGlo orange front.
    This is the set up on my retired Glock, with the front being the square CAP.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    As long as I have a bright ass red or orange front sight and a blacked out rear or a rear like a Trijicon HD where the rear dots aren't noticeable I'm happy.
    Here is where I am today. My primary P250 came with the factory night sights. I hit the rears with black and/or red Sharpie, and ditched the front for an orange Ameriglo ProGlo. My training P250 and both Kahrs have the front white dots painted orange and the dots/bars on the rear blacked out. I don't leave the house without a handheld light.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 08-16-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

3 Dots because:

1) When something goes bump in the night (and I'm half asleep) I will easily see the rear sights glowing and not poke around for a pistol with blacked out rears.

2) I think it is considerably easier to shoot in low light situations when you can line up 3 glowing dots.

On my Glock 17 and 34 I just swapped out my Trijicon HD yellow front sights for new HD XRs. I like them a touch better than the standard HDs. I've found the HD sights the best overall sight available, have used them for the past five years (including in low light training), and see no reason to switch.

I've shot a few Glock 19Ms with the Ameriglo FBI sights and have very positive impressions. I find them very similar to the HD sights but they sit lower on the slide. My preference runs to the thinner width front sight (they come in two different widths). I'll likely pick up a pair for my G19 when they become commercially available.

My Wilson Combat 1911 and Beretta Brigadier Tactical have tritium fronts and the plain Wilson rear sights. If HD XRs front sights were available in the right height/dovetail combination to pair with the Wilson rears on these pistols, I'd be very tempted to install them.

I do have a 'Roland Special' G19 that I need to shoot more...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-16-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I didn't vote in the poll because I have multiple different types of sights. I also didn't see what correlates closest to my current preferred sight set up. I have mostly three dot night sights followed by white dot front and bar rear non night sights set up. However my current preferred sight set up is high visibility front sight and blacked out rear. I didn't see this as one of the choices. I also have a MRDS. As time and money allow I will switch over to high vis front and blacked out rear but I also plan to try FO front and blacked out rear.

These types of threads/polls are interesting to me. I would also be interested in seeing what people choose for front sight width to rear sight notch ratio. So if a person uses Trijicon HDs or the same with narrower front sight HDs XR versions.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I didn't vote in the poll because I have multiple different types of sights. I also didn't see what correlates closest to my current preferred sight set up. I have mostly three dot night sights followed by white dot front and bar rear non night sights set up. However my current preferred sight set up is high visibility front sight and blacked out rear. I didn't see this as one of the choices. I also have a MRDS. As time and money allow I will switch over to high vis front and blacked out rear but I also plan to try FO front and blacked out rear.

These types of threads/polls are interesting to me. I would also be interested in seeing what people choose for front sight width to rear sight notch ratio. So if a person uses Trijicon HDs or the same with narrower front sight HDs XR versions.
    is your hi viz front not a night sight, fiber, or originally black front sight?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Trijicon HD's or Ameriglo CAP sights, but will probably switch them all to Ameriglo Bold sights eventually.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    is your hi viz front not a night sight, fiber, or originally black front sight?
    One is and one isn't for the High vis. I have the HDs which have a tritium capsule but the other one doesn't just bright yellow front.

User Tag List