View Poll Results: Which type of aiming system is on your pistol?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Front night sight and black rear

24 20.00%
  • Two dot night sights (night sight front, one dot rear)

15 12.50%
  • Three Dot Night Sight

42 35.00%
  • Fiber front with black rear

26 21.67%
  • Black front and Black rear (Defoor type sights)

7 5.83%
  • MRDS (for Ninja and his followers)

6 5.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2017 sight choices

Huge fan of the black-on-black Defoors for my 19s and 43, had a Proctor sight that I may throw back on.

Was never a fan the HDs or the three-dots but when I got my Defoors my groups shrank notably.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Anyone?
    For older eyes, like mine, a rear with dots is too busy making it hard to properly focus on the front sight. With a plain black rear, my eyes go straight to the front sight making accurate hits much easier.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I use the yellow TCAP's on all of my Glocks. I'd be using them even without the tritium in the front.

RMR06 or Vortex Venom. I can't see the front sight at speed anymore.

Trijicon HD orange. But I use a sharpie to dull the glow of the rear vials.

Currently I have HDs on them but after playing with a 10-8 rear with a dawson fiber front I plan on switching them over. After exparamenting with different lighting scenarios around the house I found that I agree with what Mr. Givens is saying.

Factory Glock 3 dots on my 2 G22's. Wilson Combat U notch and ultra thin Warren black front on 2 G19's. G19's will get the FBI U notch and thin front when available.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Currently running a Dawson FO front (.115W x .165T) with a Defoor rear. Switched from red fiber to green fiber just to try it out. It's different, but not necessarily better from what I've seen so far, but I need more time behind it.

I'll probably run my G17 that has 3 dot Glock OEM tritium sights on it for a bit to see how that fares for me. I currently have tritium sights on that, my M&P Shield (AmeriGlo Pro-Glo Combo, orange front, white rear), and my SP2022 (Siglite NS). The G17 sights are probably 6 years old. The Shield sights are probably 3 years old. SP2022 sights are probably 5 years old. Recreating lighting conditions in my basement where I'm standing in dark conditions and aiming into well lighted conditions I can BARELY see the tritium even against a dark target. In a low-light setting where I can make out whom I'm talking to, but probably need a light to PID a threat if they haven't started attacking me already, I can see the tritium better. White ringed tritium seems more universally visible than orange. Yellow ringed tritium washes out for me in too many situations. Haven't tried the new green ringed tritium. Still need to do a low-light class or shoot in low-light.

With FO, I've found that in certain conditions, red fiber will bloom to the point where I can't distinguish the top edge of the sight. This seems to cause me to shoot high, probably need to learn how to compensate for that. I just put green fiber in and doesn't necessarily seem to bloom so much as just get more intense in what I've seen so far, so I'm finding that I can see the top edge better with green fiber so far. Red seems to turn black/dark sooner. Green, in certain circumstances, will transmit light and turn yellow if I'm looking into a lighted area.

Definitely need more experience playing with options and actually doing live fire in different situations. So far my conclusion is still: every option is a compromise in some capacity and there is no perfect answer.

Double post, please delete.
    Last edited by spinmove_; 08-18-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Uhhh, stock base-model sights... feel I probably have a long way to go skills-wise before the sights I'm using make a difference.

User Tag List