View Poll Results: Which type of aiming system is on your pistol?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Front night sight and black rear

24 20.00%
  • Two dot night sights (night sight front, one dot rear)

15 12.50%
  • Three Dot Night Sight

42 35.00%
  • Fiber front with black rear

26 21.67%
  • Black front and Black rear (Defoor type sights)

7 5.83%
  • MRDS (for Ninja and his followers)

6 5.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2017 sight choices

For competition guns I like a black rear at .125-135" notch and a .105" green fiber front with the front covered in black sharpie to mute the brightness. This is my preferred setup for general shooting. I only use the fiber to pick up the front as I bring the gun into a shooting position or when there is some bad lighting (shade, indoors, etc.).

For carry guns I have come to prefer night sights with 3 dot white outlines on all of the dots (yeah I am weird). I prefer white to the super bright orange paint as the white is duller but bright enough and contrasts better with the sight black and makes the edges pop a little better for me. I tried the big orange HD front once, couldn't stop focusing on it and was shooting everything high (bad sight alignment).

Currently ameriglo I dots with the orange front on a g19. They will need to be replaced soon as they are about 9 years old and they are prone to rust frequently. Plan to switch to a 3 dot style sight, i like trijicon HDs a lot but theyre too sharp so probably end up going with either spartans or the fbi sights from ameriglo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We are issued guns with night sights, and they are 2 dot, with contrasting color dots (one green, one yellow). We can change them (at our own expense, subject to approval by management), but I haven't done that.

Rumor has it we are going to be switching pistols again, and will be going back to 3 dot sights, with contrasting colors. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen though.

HKs have HDs, because until recently they were just the best easily available option. Going to try a set of Dawson fibers sometime in the future.

Glocks have some combo of TCAP front, OP/ProOp or Defoor rear. My practice 19 just has Defoors which I like very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Issued G23 and old previously issued G22 and G27 have Glock night sights installed. The sharpie trick on the rear dots is something I will try since the rear sight is a little too busy for me.
    My G2 G19 recently got a set of Ameriglo I dots which I like a lot but shoot to the left when centered on the slide. Need to borrow a sight tool from work and bump them a little.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Anyone?
    Sights are a subjective matter. Like the best cheesesteak, bourbon vs scotch or paper vs plastic.

I like the plain black sight because it has nothing on it to distract my focus from the front sight. This is the common "pro" for the all black rear sight.

FWIW, I just, based on an eye opening training experience, switched back to all black sights. I discovered that having a thin, all black front sight allows a greater degree of precision at distance while not giving away any speed at shorter distances. This was the best set for my eyes and others may find other types of sights work better for them.
    My pistols now have Defoor sights. ($37.50 a set) Plain black Heinie sights are a close second choice. ($60 ish a set)

G23 has Ameriglo Spartans which are ok, just wish they weren't so fat. Night sights are required by work and I dislike these the least of what I've tried.

Everything else has green fiber, TTI on Glocks, Cajun sights on the CZ (which I think are made by Dawson).

User Tag List