Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hackathorn Wheelgun Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Please tell us who did that Patridge sight installation on the Model 15!
    A local gunsmith did that. He cut off the original sight, leaving the base, then just cut a Novak dovetail in the base and installed a Novak 1911 sight. The sides protruded and he cut them off. Makes for a much better sight picture than the original ramp.Name:  IMG_1494.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  39.6 KB
    Last edited by BN; 08-17-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    A local gunsmith did that. He cut off the original sight, leaving the base, then just cut a Novak dovetail in the base and installed a Novak 1911 sight. The sides protruded and he cut them off. Makes for a much better sight picture than the original ramp.Name:  IMG_1494.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  39.6 KB
    Now that's pretty slick. Kudos to your gunsmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

So, I have corresponded w/Mr. Dobbs, and know Ken H., so this thread intrigued me. I went into the safe last night intending to pull out the 625. Found it, but no clips(!). Then, over to the side, a S&W 610 "Classic", 6" barrel in 10mm(and clips!). Problem of holster, so
    I will ask for forgiveness of shooting from "Sul". 200 gr. BLAZER, 6" barrel with gold head front sight-big handgun for me, as I have G43, 26 and 19 as carry options.
    Results: 78.4 seconds, plus 17 for mostly high hits over 8" circle=95.4. I am pleased/relieved.
    Years ago, Bill Rogers started my oldest daughter with a .22 rimfire revolver; GJM shoots a .22(along with a dozen and a half other handguns) and speaks well of it. Makes sense to me!
    Thanks to Ken for thinking it up, Wayne for posting and Tom Jones for hosting. If work schedule allows, might take a run at it with a 625...

Gold "bead" front sight-dang phones...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    So, I have corresponded w/Mr. Dobbs, and know Ken H., so this thread intrigued me. I went into the safe last night intending to pull out the 625. Found it, but no clips(!). Then, over to the side, a S&W 610 "Classic", 6" barrel in 10mm(and clips!). Problem of holster, so
    I will ask for forgiveness of shooting from "Sul". 200 gr. BLAZER, 6" barrel with gold head front sight-big handgun for me, as I have G43, 26 and 19 as carry options.
    Results: 78.4 seconds, plus 17 for mostly high hits over 8" circle=95.4. I am pleased/relieved.
    Years ago, Bill Rogers started my oldest daughter with a .22 rimfire revolver; GJM shoots a .22(along with a dozen and a half other handguns) and speaks well of it. Makes sense to me!
    Thanks to Ken for thinking it up, Wayne for posting and Tom Jones for hosting. If work schedule allows, might take a run at it with a 625...
    Keep us up to date on the cheating moonclip wheelgun efforts!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

What is the spacing between the targets meant to be?

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

I shot Wheelgun Glory yesterday with my 10-5, 642-2, 43C, and 432. I managed to make the 100 second standard with the 432, which is my EDC, but just barely at 99.82. If I'd used a speedloader instead of a QuickStrip, I probably would have saved about 3 seconds or so.

Name:  432 quickstrip.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  64.7 KBName:  Wheelgun Glory 432 1 (2).jpg
Views: 611
Size:  34.2 KBName:  Wheelgun Glory 432 2 (2).jpg
Views: 599
Size:  25.8 KBName:  Wheelgun Glory 432 3 (2).jpg
Views: 613
Size:  30.5 KBName:  Wheelgun Glory setup 1.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  77.5 KB
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I shot Wheelgun Glory yesterday with my 10-5, 642-2, 43C, and 432. I managed to make the 100 second standard with the 432, which is my EDC, but just barely at 99.82. If I'd used a speedloader instead of a QuickStrip, I probably would have saved about 3 seconds or so.
    HH, how did you run the strings requiring > 5 rounds? Did you just do extra reloads?

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    HH, how did you run the strings requiring > 5 rounds? Did you just do extra reloads?
    For Tri-Presidente, I did a reload with a speedloader and then two rounds with a SpeedStrip. For the two six shot strings (Stages IV and V), I just shot five. That was with the 642-2.

The gun in the picture is a .32 Magnum, so it holds six rounds.
    Last edited by HeadHunter; 08-22-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

A year off makes ya rusty! Glad to be back at it. Primary is K6s in AIWB,reloads were j frames in right front pocket and on belt at 330 &
    830. Total time with penalties 115.24.........gonna get to Ken's 80. I'll keep ya posted.......CYA Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List