Thread: Eurasian Extreme open 2017

Eurasian Extreme open 2017

I thought some of you may find this interesting

This was the best match I have shot in my life so far. Both from a pure experience point of view as well as from a stage , stage design and match management point of view. Ive heard more than one high ranking European IPSC shooter express similar sentiments.I don't understand all the nuances of current US?Russian relations and how difficult it is for you guys to get there..

It was a particularly amazing experience for me personally because of who we got squadded with. Since I can remember, I remember the old cliche about how Practical Shooting is the only sport where a normal dude can shoot a match with the best in the world. So like playing a game of golf with Tiger Woods (or whoever is Tiger Wood now days). And this is exactly what happened to us. Two nobodies form SA got squadded with Eric Grauffel , Ljubisa Momcilovic , Miroslav Zapletal and a number of very experienced and impressive shooters.

I've never felt less skilled in my life but it was mind blowing. FWIW you can see me in the video briefly I am the fat guy in the South African flag shirt. Anothe forum member appears as well but I won't out him without permission.

I don't think there is a range like Archangel Michael in the world, and I really enjoyed Russia in general.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-17-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I am impressed with how rapidly the sport grew there. Some 7-10 years ago there was nothing like that, no clubs or anything. Now they have world-class facilities. In fact, there are still significant barriers for folks to go out and just shoot but hopefully it will ease even more with time.

I haven't been to that range, ever, so I am just curious: walls/backstops lined with wood?

I hope you got to check out the city too. I spent 25 out of first 26 years of my life in that town.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-16-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Eric Grauffel is amazing to watch in person. Got to watch him shoot at 2013 USPSA Production Nationals on the super squad. Watching the best shooters probably in the world and Eric was literally in a league all his own. He really is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am impressed with how rapidly the sport grew there. Some 7-10 years ago there was nothing like that, no clubs or anything. Now they have world-class facilities. In fact, there are still significant barriers for folks to go out and just shoot but hopefully it will ease even more with time.

I haven't been to that range, ever, so I am just curious: walls/backstops lined with wood?

I hope you got to check out the city too. I spent 25 out of first 26 years of my life in that town.
    Yeah we shot in shifts so we got a good bit of time to wander around the town. Beautiful city and part of the world in general. Went out to the monument where the two continents meet to and bought lots of touristy crap. Spent three days in moscow too.

The money they have thrown at making the sport grow is amazing, the level of shooter Russia is producing is excellent.

Range walls are wood lined. The backstops aren't and the targets not in front of the rear back stop were placed on very effective bullet traps of some sort.

The museum at their indoor range complex had guns I just don't get to see here. MP42, MP43 and STg 44 as well as Johnson rifles and LMG's. Plus thousands of others.
    Last edited by BigT; 08-17-2017 at 05:58 AM.

What's in those walls where they can be dumping rounds into them without damage?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Video fixed, looks awesome.
    #RESIST

Thank you

User Tag List