Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: The Founding Fathers are next after the Confederate monuments

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If people really think that there are legitimate groups of people, on both sides, who show up and act a fool for free then they have to be seriously kidding themselves.

There is always someone, somewhere, who orchestrated this whole thing, who wanted this whole thing to turn into a violent confrontation and is laughing, between choking on his cuban cigar, at the rest of the country.

If you read the above and instantly thought "soros" or "obama," then you are correct, except only one of them smokes cigars and not sausages.
    Short of mass murder, there is not much else that could have been to done to legitimize white supremacist and steel the resolve of their followers. Key point being "their followers". The people that were on toeing the line on joining or financial supporting these groups are getting a push over the line, because Antifa and BLM played right into their rhetoric. They know they are hated, they don't need broad appeal, just a narrow sliver of the population that they need to appeal too.

The leaders of these groups are laughing all the way to the bank. They couldn't have hoped for a better outcome and all the idiots that think they are "counter protesting" are getting played and helping their cause.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Short of mass murder, there is not much else that could have been to done to legitimize white supremacist and steel the resolve of their followers. Key point being "their followers". The people that were on toeing the line on joining or financial supporting these groups are getting a push over the line, because Antifa and BLM played right into their rhetoric. They know they are hated, they don't need broad appeal, just a narrow sliver of the population that they need to appeal too.

The leaders of these groups are laughing all the way to the bank. They couldn't have hoped for a better outcome and all the idiots that think they are "counter protesting" are getting played and helping their cause.
    They are paid by the same
    Parasitical Vampyres, bro.

Opposames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Founding Fathers are next after the Confederate monuments

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Try again.

I grew up in East Texas and I am racial minority. I get the reality of the American South.

And though we all have our own crosses to bear... seeing the realities of not just your own society but others is extremely powerful. Particularly when people haven't experienced the same thing that you or I have.
    No. *I* shall pass!

YOU can go.

I tire of the shit; we had NO rights in the USA at the time yet there we were... "fighting for freedom". Oh, and my Cherokee ancestry... let's not go there, shall we?

What's "extremely powerful" to you may not remotely register to others due to circumstances YOU may not comprehend.

I have MY OWN shit to deal with.

I know the suffering of the Russians have suffered MUCH more (60 million dead) as have the Germans AFTER WW II (See James Bacque's OTHER LOSSES). The Chinese (60 to 100 million dead). I could go on and on.

I don't NEED to see anything. All I NEED to see is right here.

Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-16-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You're attacking an entire region... so suck it up, buttercup.

Your level of hypocrisy I find troubling.

What region is that? Racistland?

The Founding Fathers are next after the Confederate monuments

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What region is that? Racistland?
    Sounds like wherever the Hell you are to be honest. Bigots never perceive themselves to be what they actually are perceived to be by many.

Stop being a clown and THINK.

You've obviously not well educated on this subject. But then MOST are not.

When ignorance (lacking knowledge) tries to dictate it crosses the line into stupidity.

Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-16-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Sounds like wherever the Hell you are to be honest. Bigots never perceive themselves to be what they actually are perceived to be by many.

Stop being a clown and THINK.

I am not supporting the guys marching at night shouting white power.
    Again I guess it's acceptable to insult other posters in this board now. Oh well.

Well, we can either allow this spirited discussion to take place on PF, or we can...

SHUT IT DOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Well, we can either allow this spirited discussion to take place on PF, or we can...

SHUT IT DOWN.
    This shitshow is really something, I'm surprised no one slapped a big ol' padlock on it already.

I've got to go back in my threads and figure out who I'm gonna poop on this PFestivus!
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

No. *I* shall pass!

YOU can go.
    I did go. Have you? Then you aren't getting it.

I tire of the shit; we had NO rights in the USA at the time yet there we were... "fighting for freedom". Oh, and my Cherokee ancestry... let's not go there, shall we?
    Oh my fucking god, you have stepped in it. Your Cherokee ancestry? How about my Mayan and Aztec ancestry? Where an entire group of white Europeans enslaved that entire group, decimated their entire culture, and has yet to even acknowledge their existence as a Native American group. What about the black ancestry in my family that was also enslaved like their Mestizo counterparts?

Fuck it, let's just move it into the 20th century.

What do you think it was like for my mother to grow up speaking Spanish until she was 8-years old and then be forced to speak only English for the rest of her life by an oppressive white culture and an oppressive abusive white stepfather, who was systematically protected by white police officers and therefore was allowed to do those things, because he was white and she was "lucky" to be his stepdaughter?

How do you think it affected my great grandfather to move to this country as a Mexican-national when Pancho Villa was the villan de jour and white soldiers burned his cotton farm and all of his livestock to the ground?

How do you think it has affected ME, to see the fall out of all of those things AND to deal with my own racist interactions up and to this very damn day. If you think you know or understand me, or you think I am somehow impressed by your personal story - I'm not. It's not a fucking contest to see whose personal histories are worse.

It's a statement about understanding, looking at, and trying to stop these cultural traits from continuing.

What's "extremely powerful" to you may not remotely register to others due to circumstances YOU may not comprehend.

I have MY OWN shit to deal with.

I don't NEED to see anything. All I NEED to see is right here.
    What you aren't getting is...it isn't about you personally. Whatever your personal issues are - don't make a fucking difference to the broader sociocultural reality we are discussing. Go look in the mirror and repeat, "This isn't about me." About 75 times. Then drink a beer or some scotch.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-16-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I did go. Have you? Then you aren't getting it.

Oh my fucking god, you have stepped in it. Your Cherokee ancestry? How about my Mayan and Aztec ancestry? Where an entire group of white Europeans enslaved that entire group, decimated their entire culture, and has yet to even acknowledge their existence as a Native American group. What about the black ancestry in my family that was also enslaved like their Mestizo counterparts?

Fuck it, let's just move it into the 20th century.

What do you think it was like for my mother to grow up speaking Spanish until she was 8-years old and then be forced to speak only English for the rest of her life by an oppressive white culture and an oppressive abusive white stepfather, who was systematically protected by white police officers and therefore was allowed to do those things, because he was white and she was "lucky" to be his stepdaughter?

How do you think it affected my great grandfather to move to this country as a Mexican-national when Pancho Villa was the villan de jour and white soldiers burned his cotton farm and all of his livestock to the ground?

How do you think it has affected ME, to see the fall out of all of those things AND to deal with my own racist interactions up and to this very damn day. If you think you know or understand me, or you think I am somehow impressed by your personal story - I'm not. It's not a fucking contest to see whose personal histories are worse.

It's a statement about understanding, looking at, and trying to stop these cultural traits from continuing.

What you aren't getting is...it isn't about you personally. Whatever your personal issues are - don't make a fucking difference to the broader sociocultural reality we are discussing. Go look in the mirror and repeat, "This isn't about me." About 75 times. Then drink a beer or some scotch.
    Your last paragraph sums it quite well. Yet is YOU who don't get it, brother.

I'm not trying to force you to do anything. Simply keep the invite. Or offer it elsewhere.

I'm Angolan, French, Cherokee, Scots-Irish. Creole of Color; "Black" to most on this web board.

You and I share a somewhat similar ethnic/racial background. I don't need to dredge up my family history in an attempt to "prove" anything. It's as sad if not more so than your own. In fact, I never brought up what I've experienced and I would not toss it out there to the world because I recognize IT DOES NOT MATTER TO THE WORLD-AT-LARGE. And I'm okay with that.

I don't require what you may find insightful. I'm glad you got something out of it. Yet you find an issue with it. I'm over it, already.

If I'm ever back in Germany I think I'll visit the Nordschleife... Maybe I could get a hot lap from Sabeine Schmitz.

Or visit H&K.

User Tag List