Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint S1 dedicated vent rib shotgun optic

I am at about 50 Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs through the M2/S1 combo, and each time I have shot it, I have sensed recoil to feel less than when shooting a similar M2 with the micro over the receiver. Not sure why, perhaps having the optic further away from the face contributes to the better feeling.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ran mine in class this weekend. Really happy with it so far. I would agree with GJM....Recoil seems tamer, don't know why.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am at about 50 Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs through the M2/S1 combo, and each time I have shot it, I have sensed recoil to feel less than when shooting a similar M2 with the micro over the receiver. Not sure why, perhaps having the optic further away from the face contributes to the better feeling.
    Recoil coming straight back is nicer than rotating, IMO. This helps facilitate that. It also damps total amount of recoil as it's leveraging its mass, little though it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am but a lowly civilian commoner. I thought one had to be a military or LEO to order from him?

I looked on their website and did not see them. I can call him tomorrow.
    Joe is a good dude, and a Marine, so that should help you as well....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

What all vent ribs does this run with?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    What all vent ribs does this run with?
    It has a kit where you measure your rib and add the right combination of parts for it to fit. Weirdly by Benelli M2 has a different size rib than the Benelli Sport II.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I got to play with this a bit at SHOT, definitely a cool idea. Plus vent ribs are sexy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Picture from this weekends class. I absolutely am sold so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Joe is a good dude, and a Marine, so that should help you as well....
    Excellent. We shall sing the song of our people, and I'll get me a new optic.

Or two.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 08-28-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Picture from this weekends class. I absolutely am sold so far.
    Yup, I'm going to get two - one for the 870 SBS, and one for the testbed 870. I'd love a mount for my 1301 as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

I got to sneak a peek through yours late in the afternoon. Like you mentioned, it definitely improves feeding the pig. I'm betting recovery time when firing on movers would also be a teensy bit faster, with the optic taking less space in one's field of view.

User Tag List