Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Aimpoint S1 dedicated vent rib shotgun optic

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Well, the vendor said that Aimpoint says this optic won’t fit a Remington rib. I’m going to measure my rib this week and compare to the chart in the S1 manual. Some internet searching indicated that the mount wouldn’t fit a Remington rib when the optic was introduced but there was some thinking that the right size mount would be developed eventually. Has anyone mounted an S1 to a Remington rib?
    Does it fit Remington 11-87 Rib? That's what I'm looking to do with it, with low recoil Flight Control for indoors and Trueball low recoil (~1300 fps) or Deep Penetrator (~1350 fps) for outdoors

Any updates on S1 @GJM

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    Does it fit Remington 11-87 Rib? That's what I'm looking to do with it, with low recoil Flight Control for indoors and Trueball low recoil (~1300 fps) or Deep Penetrator (~1350 fps) for outdoors

Any updates on S1 @GJM
    No updates beyond it has stayed secure and held zero.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Aimpoint link says adapters for many types of ribs but no specifics that I see, but its been long day so maybe I'm just missing it https://www.aimpoint.com/products/re...tgun-rib-mount

Any updates on S1 @GJM
    Here’s the thing

If you call Aimpoint customer service, they’re very helpful

I speak from experience

Aimpoint link says adapters for many types of ribs but no specifics that I see, but its been long day so maybe I'm just missing it https://www.aimpoint.com/products/re...tgun-rib-mount
    I shelved that project when the vent rib barrel wouldn’t run with low recoil Buck. Now with the Beretta Patrol I don’t think I’m going to keep fooling with the 1187 as a combat shotgun. I did get another one with a wood stock to hunt with.

At some point I'm going to buy a Beretta 1300 Comp Pro and this post makes me think the S2 vent rib instead of getting a receiver optic mount is maybe an easier option.

User Tag List