Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint S1 dedicated vent rib shotgun optic

Aimpoint S1 dedicated vent rib shotgun optic

Just got it mounted, but have not shot it yet. Preliminary impressions very favorable. Leaves the action unencumbered, which makes it pleasant to carry in the field. Low mount, making cheek weld work with conventional stocks. Here it is on a Benelli M2.

Name:  IMG_2754.jpg
Views: 4101
Size:  41.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Did you get yours through your cool guy channels, or can us mere mortals snag one of these?

I'd love to snag one sometime in the next two weeks before a class.

I'll look forward to your observations on reloading and carrying in the field.

would love to get some of your impressions on zero differences between different loads, if you have an interest in doing such a thing.

i'd imagine that this gun primarily stays loaded with a single type of load and perhaps shot with that one and another at most?

cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Did you get yours through your cool guy channels, or can us mere mortals snag one of these?

available on midway and a few others e-tailers - search UPC 7350004385454

decided to say f it and just ordered one.

Regular channels, Strohman Enterprises. Should carry great in the field, as I prefer to hold the shotgun with my hand around the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Permethrin View Post
    would love to get some of your impressions on zero differences between different loads, if you have an interest in doing such a thing.

i'd imagine that this gun primarily stays loaded with a single type of load and perhaps shot with that one and another at most?

cool stuff
    I plan to zero it at 25 yards with Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs, shooting as few slugs as possible, and then carry it. Will periodically confirm zero. Having torn a retina three years or so ago, I try to minimize light, heavy recoiling guns smacking my face.

Whoa whoa whoa... this is an aim point that mounts directly to a vent rib? Sorcery!!

Now...Will it fit my 1301 comp, and where can I find one?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Cheapest price I have found so far: $673 at Universal Mania. I have never shopped with them before, however. So that should not be construed as an endorsement.

https://www.universalmania.com/produ...yABEgL0h_D_BwE

Cheapest price I have found so far: $673 at Universal Mania. I have never shopped with them before, however. So that should not be construed as an endorsement.

https://www.universalmania.com/produ...yABEgL0h_D_BwE
    Check Strohman!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Check Strohman!
    I am but a lowly civilian commoner. I thought one had to be a military or LEO to order from him?

I looked on their website and did not see them. I can call him tomorrow.

I am but a lowly civilian commoner. I thought one had to be a military or LEO to order from him?

I looked on their website and did not see them. I can call him tomorrow.
    Try "FOD," friend of Darryl.

User Tag List