Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a new "Shoot Me" vest...aka Safari Vest/Concealed Carry Vest

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    http://www.smithandalexander.com/apparel.html

I have one of these. It's pretty lightweight. Not stiff enough for competition.
    I have the light blue but I wish I had gotten the black.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Usually, zipped closed. But I like the optional single snaps so that when it is hot I can unzip it and snap it closed.

I like this one, but can't tell if what looks like a velcro strip is for light closure like a single snap? Perhaps @Tom Givens can let us know?

I like this one quite a bit. Hmm...worth considering, indeed.
    The velcro strip allows you to lightly tack the front closed, but yank it open if needed, rather than unbutton it. I always ordered mine with the velcro strip removed. The "male" portion of the velcro kept snagging my shirt.

The CCC vest does a good job. It is not covered with pockets and does not look "tactical". I have presented my gun to actual bad guys from under this vest. From their expressions, I can assure you they did not think I had a gun until it came out. The slate gray color seemed to work best for me.

Thank you for responding Tom. Thanks for suggestions everyone!

I think I'll try the CCC vest and maybe order one of the Smith & Alexander ones as well. It never hurts to have options...especially since the pooch seems to think vests are for eating and not for concealing handguns.

I'm glad I dropped into this thread. I've only been carrying a bit over a year and shirts that look good untucked are not all that easy to find. There are few concealed carriers in California, but vests are also a rarity so the shrewd ant-gunner might suspect, but who gives a darn. While I do have a vest used occasionally for IDPA, those tacti-cool vests do say "shoot me". I'm going to give a stealthier vest a try.

Site Supporter
    See this link for a variety of vests. lapolicegear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    The velcro strip allows you to lightly tack the front closed, but yank it open if needed, rather than unbutton it. I always ordered mine with the velcro strip removed. The "male" portion of the velcro kept snagging my shirt.

The CCC vest does a good job. It is not covered with pockets and does not look "tactical". I have presented my gun to actual bad guys from under this vest. From their expressions, I can assure you they did not think I had a gun until it came out. The slate gray color seemed to work best for me.
    Robbery attempt?

http://www.woolrich.com/woolrich/det...vest/_/R-18402

http://m.orvis.com/p/mini-herringbone-vest/2lz8

Now and then I want to try wearing a casual vest again, with something like those linked above. Alas, heat retention is generally an issue. The less granola-y vests are also generally cut a bit higher up front, which doesn't always pair well with an inverted knife up front. Perhaps you can pull it off better than I!
    Jules
    Runcible Works

I have a tan Columbia light weight vest. I'll sell to you cheap. It's like new. When I get off work I'll send you a picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    http://www.smithandalexander.com/apparel.html

I have one of these. It's pretty lightweight. Not stiff enough for competition.
    Does it have inside pockets?

User Tag List