Thread: Is the FN 509 Compatible With Other Holsters?

Is the FN 509 Compatible With Other Holsters?

I'm thinking about buying a FN 509, and am wondering if I'm likely to find any compatibility with the holsters I already have for the G19, G17, HK P2000 or Sig P320?

Does someone here own the FN, and if so, what can you tell about the holster situation?

Thanks,

George
    Last edited by walker2713; 08-15-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I don't have a 509, but I do have several FNS pistols. The slide and frame profiles are very close. I have several leather holsters made for Glocks and Sig's that fit perfectly. I also have several kydex Glock 19 holsters that fit.

My 509 doesn't come close to fitting any of my Glock or P2000 holsters. It fits OK in a Blade-Tech OWB for a 320, but I had to dick around with the tension screws. It fits great in a Mitch Rosen leather holster for an HK45c.

Ahem,
    I am making holsters for the FN 509...
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Not sure about 509 but FNS fit my S&W M&P holsters

Depends on the holster. It's close to a lot of HKs in profile and I hear some XDs fit but those are mostly flexible solutions. There's quite a few good options out there that are 509 specific. What style are you looking for? If we don't have it maybe I can work with them but we have already more 509 support than FNS. For AIWB I routinely roll with a JM or a Bawidamann if I need a light.

Site Supporter
    Resurrecting this thread from the dead, but I have used a well broken in Galco G19/23 Summer Comfort IWB holster for my 509 for over a month now daily as an off duty carry and it works very well for me. The FN actually, for me, prints a little less than the Glocks I carry from the rear of the slide. The Glock's pronounced square slide corner prints slightly whereas the 509's more curved slide end does not.
    This pistol is quickly becoming a favorite. I am seriously considering getting a blue label 509 midsize hopefully this summer. Trying to hunt down an FN LE dealer in VA that doesn't charge nearly $50 more than the FN LE posted price.

User Tag List