Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 Tactical 14 inch

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I found one here in Texas that was a police trade-in. Definitely not new, but I can do a Form 4 and hopefully have it in less than a year.

George, thanks for the info regarding recommended upgrades. I'm definitely going with a shorter stock, rather than the factory boat oar.

Paul, I'd be very curious on any timing differences between a Form 1 and a Form 4. Do they still go to the same examiners? The last time I heard, they were all being processed by state. But that was about two tears ago, I think.
    I think it is the same examiner. I have a form 1 and 4 out pending so I will find out...next year. Damn those Comfort Stocks are expensive: $400 if you can find them! I'm leaning towards the 18.5" tactical with comfort stock and then cutting it but if a good M2 Field gun pops up Ill get that.
    Last edited by Paul D; 08-14-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    14" M2 barrels with the front sight are available. I don't recall the price but I was looking at M2s and barrels on GB last week and saw them.

ETA: maybe it wasn't GB: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/m...lli-m2-barrels
    Thanks. Man...the price of the barrel and the rear stock is more than the complete gun itself. This is insanity!

Paul, I'd be all over that $999 M2. Benelli barrels are never cheap.

GJM, what's the problem with a SBS Nova? I never had a desire for one, just wondering what you found problematic.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Paul, I'd be all over that $999 M2. Benelli barrels are never cheap.

GJM, what's the problem with a SBS Nova? I never had a desire for one, just wondering what you found problematic.
    Just feels awkward in terms of controls and pumps far slower than my 870 shotguns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The length of pull on the pistol grip stock can be shortened. I had an M1 stock cut to 12.75", and one of my guys had one cut to 12.5". It makes a tremendous difference in the handling and the comfort of shooting.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Given the extreme cost of the compact Comfortech* stock ($442!), and the inability to shoot before purchasing (I assume), I would not buy that. I would rather buy an M2 Field Compact (item 11017) with the compact Comfortech stock and 26" barrel, and vet the shotgun before sending in my SBS paperwork. Once you have the SBS approval from BATFE, have the barrel engraved and chopped.

http://www.benelliusa.com/m2-field-shotgun

*My Dad has the shotgun shown in the OP, but with an 18.5" barrel. I thought it recoiled all out of proportion for the power of the shells I was shooting. As in a 1-1/4 oz pheasant load in the M2 recoiled like a hot Marlin 1895 45-70 load in my Ruger No. 1. Maybe I was having an off day, but the recoil was attention getting, and I'm not unfamiliar with heavy recoiling rifles. So I'm really not a fan of that configuration. Based on my very limited experience, and what GJM said, I would consider the Comfortech necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Given the extreme cost of the compact Comfortech* stock ($442!), and the inability to shoot before purchasing (I assume), I would not buy that. I would rather buy an M2 Field Compact (item 11017) with the compact Comfortech stock and 26" barrel, and vet the shotgun before sending in my SBS paperwork. Once you have the SBS approval from BATFE, have the barrel engraved and chopped.

http://www.benelliusa.com/m2-field-shotgun

*My Dad has the shotgun shown in the OP, but with an 18.5" barrel. I thought it recoiled all out of proportion for the power of the shells I was shooting. As in a 1-1/4 oz pheasant load in the M2 recoiled like a hot Marlin 1895 45-70 load in my Ruger No. 1. Maybe I was having an off day, but the recoil was attention getting, and I'm not unfamiliar with heavy recoiling rifles. So I'm really not a fan of that configuration. Based on my very limited experience, and what GJM said, I would consider the Comfortech necessary.
    The issue with the 26 with the Comfortech compact stock, is the vent rib spacing won't work right with a cut to 14 inches. Can't remember how it works with 18 or 18.5. The 21 works perfectly to 14. Another option is going with the regular Comfortech, and buy just the thin Limbsavr pad from Benelli, which shortens up the LOP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The issue with the 26 with the Comfortech compact stock, is the vent rib spacing won't work right with a cut to 14 inches. Can't remember how it works with 18 or 18.5. The 21 works perfectly to 14. Another option is going with the regular Comfortech, and buy just the thin Limbsavr pad from Benelli, which shortens up the LOP.
    That figures. But if I was going to run an Aimpoint, I would cut to my chosen length, and cut the rib short. Looks be damned.

Do any of your SBS have screw in chokes? Any experience with the M2 20 gauge?

Follow up to Toonces question: when you cut the M2 barrel did you have it threaded for choke tubes?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    That figures. But if I was going to run an Aimpoint, I would cut to my chosen length, and cut the rib short. Looks be damned.

Do any of your SBS have screw in chokes? Any experience with the M2 20 gauge?

No cut barrels with chokes, two 20 gauge M2 set up for slugs. The 20 recoils like .308 out of an AR.

User Tag List