Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical LTT Beretta 92 Grips

Got mine today, very interesting. I'm eager to hit the range and try these out.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I somehow doubt this. Unless im confusing you with another user who loves Berettas around here. I honestly could be.

I've held standard grips on nonradius backstrap, and I've held ultra-thins on a radius backstrap (BrigTac). I really loved the Brig but dont know if it was because of the grips of radius. Im looking forward to getting the Langdon M9 to see how the grips feel on the M9 frame.

-Cory
    I was a big P-226 guy in the days when the Beretta 92 was popular in my area as a duty gun. Always hated the grip and controls. I could always shoot them fine, and usually kept one around just as an example because I had students who used them and needed to be at least familiar with how to run them. The Vertec was the huge change for me. Love the Vertec grip. Obviously, I am also "all I " with the PX4CC, but that is not a 92. I am using a 92A1 as my dry practice gun, and that is what I put the LTT grips on.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

These specific O-Rings work great as lock washers and are in the plumbing section at Lowes.

Name:  IMG_3268.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  25.0 KBName:  IMG_3269.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  23.1 KB

Today I had my first range session with these grips. The slimmer profile is no big whup to me, as my large hands didn't have a problem with the standard VZ profile, but it isn't a hindrance and I can see the benefit for someone with less than gorilla hands. My main interest lay with the checkering. I've been using a set of carbon fiber VZs on my carry gun and they're just a bit too smooth for when things get sweaty. Too bad, as they're quite comfortable. I carry it against my bare skin during the summer months and most textures on G10 grips are too harsh for that. This checkering seems to hit the middle ground in providing sufficient grip without being too radical. For that reason alone, I think I'll be putting them on all my 92s. I did have to relieve the inletting for the mag release on the right side panel. Out of the box it wasn't relieved enough and caused some pretty hard binding on the mag release. A few strokes with a file cured that. Overall a good product.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-16-2017 at 06:04 PM.

There is a post on another forum (1911 Addicts) that measured the Wilson Ultra Thin Grips compared to the other VZ sourced offerings and the stock grip. I am not sure about whether it is allowed to post a link to another forum - so I won't - but the credit for the research goes to "Sterling Archer" on the forum. The measurements were taken a.).25 above the upper screw, b.).50 below the upper screw, and c.) .50 above the lower screw and were stated to be:
    Ultra Thin:
    A. 1.35
    B. 1.22
    C. 1.35
    Compared to:
    Standard Wilson
    A. 1.39
    B. 1.40
    C. 1.39
    Compared to Stock Beretta Hogue Wraparound
    Stock
    A. 1.39
    B. 1.39
    C. 1.40
    The Ultra Thins seemed thickest at the screws and then were thinned out everywhere else - judging from the picture.

The Questions:
    1.) Are the LTT grips uniform thickness ? Or are they thickest at the screws and then profiled / reduced everywhere else?

2.) Would someone with a pair venture to take similar measurements for comparison?

I have wanted an alternative to the no longer available Trausch grips - and think these may be similar.

I used these grips in a match this morning. Nothing earth shattering to report, they simply work as advertised.

I've had a prototype set of these and the are hands down my favorite grip!
    Ernest designed the texture of the grip to LOCK into your hand and that they do!!!
    And for the money it's a no brainer !!!
    Get ya some !!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    There is a post on another forum (1911 Addicts) that measured the Wilson Ultra Thin Grips compared to the other VZ sourced offerings and the stock grip. I am not sure about whether it is allowed to post a link to another forum - so I won't - but the credit for the research goes to "Sterling Archer" on the forum. The measurements were taken a.).25 above the upper screw, b.).50 below the upper screw, and c.) .50 above the lower screw and were stated to be:
    Ultra Thin:
    A. 1.35
    B. 1.22
    C. 1.35
    Compared to:
    Standard Wilson
    A. 1.39
    B. 1.40
    C. 1.39
    Compared to Stock Beretta Hogue Wraparound
    Stock
    A. 1.39
    B. 1.39
    C. 1.40
    The Ultra Thins seemed thickest at the screws and then were thinned out everywhere else - judging from the picture.

The Questions:
    1.) Are the LTT grips uniform thickness ? Or are they thickest at the screws and then profiled / reduced everywhere else?

2.) Would someone with a pair venture to take similar measurements for comparison?

I have wanted an alternative to the no longer available Trausch grips - and think these may be similar.

I have both the ultra slim Wilsons and the LTT grips. The LTT grips are the same size as the US Wilsons. BUT.. feel just a tad slimmer due to the VASTLY Superior grip texture. Ernest put a lot of thought and design into the way the "diamonds " were cut on these grips and they flat work!! The cool thing is they are nor sharp enough to cause issues wile caring them concealed.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Well. after a few shooting sessions I've decided these grips just don't work for me. If anyone wants a pair at a discount drop me a PM.

For comparison here's a photo, with the Langdon grip on the right and a standard thickness set of VZs on the left.

I think these are a great product, but after using them during two training sessions and one competition, they're just too think for me. However, for small to medium hands these are the hotness.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-26-2017 at 05:12 PM.

User Tag List