Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which new Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Why would you buy two different calibers to support? Go G34.
    My thought as well. I would get a regular GenX 19 and 34... and RMR the 19. ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Glock 19 MOS and Glock 34.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

You may want to wait for a bit until the Gen5s becomes available; once they're available, I believe that GSSF will allow it as a pistol choice, albeit with a possible upgrade charge, even if they're not specifically on the pistol choice form that you received.

Best, Jon

Or... get this guy's Gen4 G19 that's already milled with or without the RMR... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....9-WTS-LWRC-G19. A trade for that free gun certificate and some cash on your end would likely be the cheapest route to what you want to try. Were I not mid-divorce, I'd have figured out how to make that particular G19 mine a few months ago.

I run an RMR'd G26 as my carry gun, and really see the G19 as "The Gun" for those wanting to try an RMR'd glock 9mm.

When you win a Glock you want to get a Glock for a division you don't have a Glock for, so you can shoot that division and win more Glocks. So you can get a Glock for a division you don't have a Glock for....so you can shoot that division and win more Glocks....So you can get a Glock for a division you don't have a Glock for - so you can shoot that division and win more Glocks...

A71593

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    When you win a Glock you want to get a Glock for a division you don't have a Glock for, so you can shoot that division and win more Glocks. So you can get a Glock for a division you don't have a Glock for....so you can shoot that division and win more Glocks....So you can get a Glock for a division you don't have a Glock for - so you can shoot that division and win more Glocks...

You, sir, are not helping....

Which means I should probably get either a G21 or a G30, right?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post

Yes.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post

Yeah, that's what I did. Got a Glock 21. It was free, right? cool! Then I had to buy some sights because Glock's stock sights are... preposterous. Then I bought a holster, magazine pouches, a conversion kit to my Dillon, and some ( A lot) 45ACP bullets.. Picked up some 45 ACP brass (My back did not appreciate the extra efforts)... Of course I needed more magazines too... Now I am thinking why the f$$ck didn't I just get another G17 so I could be more prepared for whoever comes after Trump??. Get a Glock 17.
    Last edited by cheby; 08-14-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Ugh, so many options.

Ok, so I'm probably going to go rent a G30Gen4 and possibly a G21Gen4 (again) and give those a shot to see how they handle for me. Could be interesting in shooting an additional division or two that I couldn't with the G19. However, dat .45Auto ammo cost doe... And also, I don't have any reloading equipment, so it'd be a significant amount of factory ammo cost or reloading setup cost. Wouldn't be bad to have the reloading stuff, but I have nowhere to set it up right now and don't have the extra coin to invest in it right now either. So this may become a non-starter for me until further down the road.

Something else chambered in .40S&W doesn't make sense for me right now as that's another caliber that I'd have to buy bulk in and/or can't reload in. I have no burning desire to specifically shoot USPSA Major.

When I start doing USPSA, I'm very tempted to go all Gabe White and "run what I brung" so just running my carry setup concealed. Which means G19. I mean, I could possibly pull a Tom Givens/Gabe White and just start running a long slide Glock EDC and do that, but that's uncertain right now. I did just break 5,000 rounds on my G19, so since that happened I am going to switch my practice time over to the G17Gen2 and run that for a bit (probably 2,000 rounds) so I'll get more familiarity with a full sized grip. I guess then I'll see if I have a preference either way of G19 frame vs. G17/G34 frame vs. how either of those would even carry. That'll probably determine what direction I go.

I'm also reminded of DocGKR's words of wisdom "stop collecting one of everything and just have 3 of your preferred pistol and just run that". I think this ultimately makes the most pragmatic sense. So if I follow this line of thinking then here's what I think I should do. I already have, by far, the most trigger time on a compact frame Glock and obviously have been able to carry it just fine and also perform well enough with it, so why change? The free pistol will most likely end up being a G19Gen4 (maybe I'll do something crazy and get it in an OD Green frame) so I can set it up as a perfect copy of my current carry. My voucher for Blue Line pricing, that'll probably end up being G19Gen4 #3. One for carry, one for training/practice/competition (eats the brunt of my ammo shot), and one as a backup for either.

From there, I'll continue to hammer away at GSSF matches and work on USPSA. Probably win a few more Glocks and probably get something more exotic then, if I'm lucky and keep at it.

I think that just turned out way more boring for everyone involved, including me...

I'm going to be a little pragmatic here; I suggest you go for the G30.

I don't know if you ever have to travel to 10 round mag limit states, but if you do and want to have a G19 equivalent (except thicker) as a carry in those places, the G30 fits the bill: 10 rounds of 45 ACP, G19 sized more or less (The G30S is a gen 3 but has a slim slide, while the G30 gen4 has a slimmer grip, trigger reach wise, but a thicker slide than the G19), very accurate, totally reliable and nearly as concealable (or more depending on body size) as the G19, and nowhere near as harsh (blast and recoil wise) as the G23. I love mine (gen3).

Maybe a pragmatic aspect, added to the fun, could help you towards a choice. :-)
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 08-15-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List