Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small hands and trigger finger placement

Pretty much what Octagon said. Sounds like a fitment issue. Either live with the reduced recoil management or find a gun that fits you better if you want to keep sinking your finger in that deep. Personally I think you should try learning to shoot with less finger and work on establishing a solid grip.

I strongly suggest looking into good quality one on one instruction on this. I don't have the biggest hands in the world and shoot my G19 using the part of my finger directly behind my fingernail. Not quite to the tip, but pretty close.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A different gun is one option. Another is hard work in dryfire to debug your trigger pull. Many M/GM and other top shooters use the middle of the pad to press the trigger. I'll try to find Surfs excellent Advanced Trigger video and link for you.

Edit: found it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-eJTS_5qg
    Excellent video! Trigger reach is what I'm talking about, never heard that term until that video. It also clarified that what I mean by bury my finger is using my middle pad compared to using the first pad. I've never buried it completely. Thanks from r the info

You can shoot well using the first pad.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Since dry fire and practice is free I'll start there and see if I can improve my shooting without changing guns. A one on one lesson will be helpful too I'm sure. If after some time the problem is still there I'll try a pistol with a shorter reach. Thanks guys

I shoot PPQ's.
    On the PPQ if you bury the trigger finger too far, the angle of the finger will prevent engaging the safety lever in the center of the trigger. It feels like the trigger is frozen and of course the pistol will not fire until you shift your finger. I have had this happen when I improperly gripped the pistol or it shifted from firing. Not good.
    If you use the first pad of the finger or even first joint crease, it is unlikely this will happen.

Small hands and trigger finger placement

I find that using the pad of my index finger gives the best accuracy across platforms.
    Last edited by zacii; 08-14-2017 at 07:32 PM.

User Tag List