Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: CCW Comfort Sling

  1. #11
    Covfefe Hobbyist
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    http://freakonomics.com/podcast/how-...radio-episode/

    When you think about it, the belt is not an optimal way to support a vertical load.
    I'm not so sure about that. While no expert, it is my understanding that most armor and loads over the centuries used the waist more than the shoulders for weight bearing because it was less fatiguing.

    As an example (long but worthwhile):
    “An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility.” Alexander Solzhenitsyn
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

  2. #12
    Member JonInWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Or a t-shirt, golf shirt, or lightweight fishing shirt, which is all the shirts I own.
    In my experience, it's worked just fine (both operationally and "non-printingly") with Hawaiian shirts and polo shirts. I've preferred to wear it over a t-shirt.

    Best, Jon

  3. #13
    Member JonInWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    With a proper CCW belt you don't need this. Even if you carry a lot of stuff on your belt. It's all in design.

    Where this works really well is for LE application. We have a bunch of guys who wear heavy leather rigs and they use things like this (different company same design) to keep their duty rigs up. Helps a lot.
    I'm curious as to what you're using for your belts; I've used Kramer dual thicknesses, Galco, El Paso Saddlery, and Wilderness (their reinforced 5-Stitch models, in 1.23, 1.5, and 1.75 widths). My "default"/preferred width is 1.5" All of these have resulted in some sag during use. If you can elaborate a bit I'd appreciate the info.

    What I have found is that the CCW Comfort Sling allows for a lighter 1.25" wide belt to be both comfortable and effective, without the sag-previously, I pretty much restricted my carry belts to the ones that were at least 1.5."

    Best, Jon

  4. #14
    40 grit sandpaper voodoo_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Inside your safe space
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm curious as to what you're using for your belts; I've used Kramer dual thicknesses, Galco, El Paso Saddlery, and Wilderness (their reinforced 5-Stitch models, in 1.23, 1.5, and 1.75 widths). My "default"/preferred width is 1.5" All of these have resulted in some sag during use. If you can elaborate a bit I'd appreciate the info.

    What I have found is that the CCW Comfort Sling allows for a lighter 1.25" wide belt to be both comfortable and effective, without the sag-previously, I pretty much restricted my carry belts to the ones that were at least 1.5."

    Best, Jon
    What am I using for duty rigs? Inner duty rig belts? or EDC CCW belt?

    For EDC I carry AIWB with a Megingjord.

  5. #15
    I can definitely see the benefit of a system like this or the VTac suspenders for strong side carry and/or certain body types.

    Or just CCing a Batman-level of gear on your belt. I wore suspenders when I strong side carried a P226 for the reasons Jon mentioned.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I can definitely see the benefit of a system like this or the VTac suspenders for strong side carry and/or certain body types.

    Or just CCing a Batman-level of gear on your belt. I wore suspenders when I strong side carried a P226 for the reasons Jon mentioned.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some of it depends on your pants, cut, fit, and material. I can use the exact same belt with jeans at a looser level than I can with a suit made from Super 120 wool. That's why I was more interested for how they would look under a dress shirt.

  7. #17
    $15 suspenders clipped to a decent gun belt have served me well for many years. Tight belts aren't good on the kidneys anyway.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I wear suspenders in class to deal with the weight of extra reloads. Hell I wear suspenders at work under my scrub top. Keeps me from fighting gravity for my drawers and from needing the belt so tight.
    I wore suspenders under my scrubs. Very comfortable.

    I used Perry Tool Belt suspenders with my duty belt and they worked better than most of the crap they sell on Gall's
    Random nobody.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Anna Kendrick's fantasies
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippySanchez View Post
    $15 suspenders clipped to a decent gun belt have served me well for many years. Tight belts aren't good on the kidneys anyway.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I like those things but for me they aren't very durable.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org