Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Comfort Sling

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    http://freakonomics.com/podcast/how-...radio-episode/

When you think about it, the belt is not an optimal way to support a vertical load.
    I'm not so sure about that. While no expert, it is my understanding that most armor and loads over the centuries used the waist more than the shoulders for weight bearing because it was less fatiguing.

As an example (long but worthwhile):
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Or a t-shirt, golf shirt, or lightweight fishing shirt, which is all the shirts I own.
    In my experience, it's worked just fine (both operationally and "non-printingly") with Hawaiian shirts and polo shirts. I've preferred to wear it over a t-shirt.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    With a proper CCW belt you don't need this. Even if you carry a lot of stuff on your belt. It's all in design.

Where this works really well is for LE application. We have a bunch of guys who wear heavy leather rigs and they use things like this (different company same design) to keep their duty rigs up. Helps a lot.
    I'm curious as to what you're using for your belts; I've used Kramer dual thicknesses, Galco, El Paso Saddlery, and Wilderness (their reinforced 5-Stitch models, in 1.23, 1.5, and 1.75 widths). My "default"/preferred width is 1.5" All of these have resulted in some sag during use. If you can elaborate a bit I'd appreciate the info.

What I have found is that the CCW Comfort Sling allows for a lighter 1.25" wide belt to be both comfortable and effective, without the sag-previously, I pretty much restricted my carry belts to the ones that were at least 1.5."

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm curious as to what you're using for your belts; I've used Kramer dual thicknesses, Galco, El Paso Saddlery, and Wilderness (their reinforced 5-Stitch models, in 1.23, 1.5, and 1.75 widths). My "default"/preferred width is 1.5" All of these have resulted in some sag during use. If you can elaborate a bit I'd appreciate the info.

What I have found is that the CCW Comfort Sling allows for a lighter 1.25" wide belt to be both comfortable and effective, without the sag-previously, I pretty much restricted my carry belts to the ones that were at least 1.5."

Best, Jon
    What am I using for duty rigs? Inner duty rig belts? or EDC CCW belt?

For EDC I carry AIWB with a Megingjord.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I can definitely see the benefit of a system like this or the VTac suspenders for strong side carry and/or certain body types.

Or just CCing a Batman-level of gear on your belt. I wore suspenders when I strong side carried a P226 for the reasons Jon mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I can definitely see the benefit of a system like this or the VTac suspenders for strong side carry and/or certain body types.

Or just CCing a Batman-level of gear on your belt. I wore suspenders when I strong side carried a P226 for the reasons Jon mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some of it depends on your pants, cut, fit, and material. I can use the exact same belt with jeans at a looser level than I can with a suit made from Super 120 wool. That's why I was more interested for how they would look under a dress shirt.

$15 suspenders clipped to a decent gun belt have served me well for many years. Tight belts aren't good on the kidneys anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I wear suspenders in class to deal with the weight of extra reloads. Hell I wear suspenders at work under my scrub top. Keeps me from fighting gravity for my drawers and from needing the belt so tight.
    I wore suspenders under my scrubs. Very comfortable.

I used Perry Tool Belt suspenders with my duty belt and they worked better than most of the crap they sell on Gall's

Quote Originally Posted by SkippySanchez View Post
    $15 suspenders clipped to a decent gun belt have served me well for many years. Tight belts aren't good on the kidneys anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I like those things but for me they aren't very durable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I like those things but for me they aren't very durable.

http://perrysuspenders.stores.yahoo.net/perconsus2.html

I've had really good luck with these

User Tag List