Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DB diatribe on triggers

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    DB, I broke up your excellent first post a bit, in order to do it justice. Let me know if it needs changed.
    I was just typing thoughts and didn't realize how much traction it would get. Thanks for cleaning it up. I will actually be doing an article for Lucky Gunner on the subject of triggers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Such an outstanding post Darryl! And spot on.

Pushing this one also, for the same reason as the other trigger thread.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

DB, agree with everything you said. I'm not a gunfighter, never carried in harms way. I have some military experience but for real firearms training I had to seek it myself, I wasn't the tip of the spear, more like the grip tape on the handle..
    I made the decision some time ago that I wanted a margin of safety, call it mistake room if you will. When I drove [ever so briefly] for a well know ride share co. I carried. My plan was to leave, un ass from the car, only if hostile tried to stop me would I draw. My S&W M13 3" fit the bill.

Missed this the first go'round DB. Thank you for articulating it this way.

Site Supporter
    DB, the views you've shared on triggers in various discussions started me down a path of questioning what I was doing and led to some changes over the last couple years. I still carry M&Ps but I'm no longer using aftermarket parts in an attempt to have a 1911 trigger in a Tupperware gun. I've grown to like the long and occasionally snaggy take up in the stock trigger, and I've seen no difference in how I shoot them. Actually that's not true as I've seen an improvement since I quit worrying about how "good" a trigger is and started focusing more on how I manipulate it.

Great OP and thread. Excellent discussion of the +’s of TDA. Refreshing to read given the market and the kids game “Operation.”

Fantastic thread. This and some previous conversations here regarding TDA and/or LEM guns has really got me thinking. I handled the first ever LEM gun I have ever seen during lunch, a P2000, and I liked it. Different, for sure, but it didn't seem so bad. Trigger pull after the take up was heavy, probably in excess of 6# but I know there are many combos for the HK line.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I love my J frame and its trigger but there are times I wish there was something with a little more capacity and a TDA trigger. I know Sig has the 239 and that there are a bunch of tiny .380s out there with abusive triggers and bad ergonomics. What I wish is that someone would make a single stack TDA in either .380 or preferably 9mm that fit somewhere around the SigP238 and Glock 43 size and weight category.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Third-gen S&W 39xx series are pretty close to that, only a little bigger and a little heavy. Still very slim in the slide, especially if you get the 3953 without warts.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List