Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: DB diatribe on triggers

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    At one time Mossberg offered a heavier trigger in some of the pump shotguns. That's the long gun I'm aware of that was marketed that way.
    The 590DA1. The trigger pull was long and heavy, intended to resemble a DA revolver trigger.

http://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/u...5/04/590DA.pdf

Edit: Interesting -- it may actually BE a "double action" trigger. Page 6 of the manual(under Firing) says "Cycling the action chambers a round and partially cocks the hammer. Pulling the trigger fully rearward completes the cocking cycle and then dropss the hammer, firing the gun."
    Last edited by peterb; 11-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Pretty sure Mossberg had a DAO trigger option at one time for one of their pump guns.
    Peterb beat me to it...
    Last edited by LtDave; 11-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The 590DA1. The trigger pull was long and heavy, intended to resemble a DA revolver trigger.

http://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/u...5/04/590DA.pdf

Edit: Interesting -- it may actually BE a "double action" trigger. Page 6 of the manual(under Firing) says "Cycling the action chambers a round and partially cocks the hammer. Pulling the trigger fully rearward completes the cocking cycle and then dropss the hammer, firing the gun."
    Yup, I had one. It was DAO-ish, not unpleasant. That's been quite awhile back. 8 years? 10?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    I'm curious if DB's principle crosses over in any way to long guns.
    The Ruger PC9 and PC4 had very LEM-ish triggers. While a two-stage single-action, the first stage had to deactivate the toggle lock and had some weight and extra travel to it before reaching the second stage break. Shooting one takes a little bit of getting used to as it really is a unique feel in a carbine but works fine once you stop getting distracted. While I realize that it wasn't designed to be a trigger style and was simply a result of a toggle keeping the bolt in battery, the result just happens to closely resemble my favorite HK trigger.

User Tag List