Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: DB diatribe on triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Repeat after me, "I will shoot the LEM at LEM speed, and not compare it to my Glock speed."
    If you're good with .21 or so splits on a Bill Drill the LEM won't hold you back.
    If you just have to have .15 splits go elsewhere.

Myself, I'm very content in the .21-.25 range because my conscious brain can actually count and account for rounds at that speed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Father of 3 View Post
    Between this thread and the “Why I Like LEM”, it really makes me want to trade/sell my G19 for a LEM. Is that wisdom or foolishness?
    If you sell the G19, you will just end up buying another one someday. Ask me how I know this.

Save up and buy the LEM without selling!

Between this thread and the “Why I Like LEM”, it really makes me want to trade/sell my G19 for a LEM. Is that wisdom or foolishness?
    I'm about to go down the same path. Moving to a much more rural part of WA and being able to spend more nights in the backcountry this year than I ever have been able to have lead me to read @GJM's USP 45 thread multiple times. I'm keeping the G19 but I think my weekend/woods piece will be a USP 45 w/ the Match LEM. I plan on enrolling on a semi-high round count class in the spring and running that gun as an ice breaker.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

DB diatribe on triggers

I carry a P30SK LEM and am about to buy a Glock 19.

Mainly for 15 BBs vs. 10 BBs. But I shot it in my Givens class and was unhappy with my performance.

I shoot a VP9 in USPSA which is probably most of my problem.

The LEM has many specific advantages as outlined by those much much smarter than me. But if you are not THAT experienced, I would submit you should probably shoot a LEM exclusively.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-01-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    The LEM has many specific advantages as outlined by those much much smarter than me. But if you are not THAT experienced, I would submit you should probably shoot a LEM exclusively.
    Don't sell yourself short, Rich. I dedicated myself completely to the LEM for over 18 months, and still could not shoot it worth a darn, compared to my Glocks.

I get the purpose of the trigger, it just doesn't "work" for me. If I was looking for a more deliberate trigger, I'd go the DA/SA route.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, Rich. I dedicated myself completely to the LEM for over 18 months, and still could not shoot it worth a darn, compared to my Glocks.

I get the purpose of the trigger, it just doesn't "work" for me. If I was looking for a more deliberate trigger, I'd go the DA/SA route.
    I wanted the LEM to work for me, but when I can use the hated DAK better than the LEM, I take it as a sign. The problem may be with me, likely is, but I still have to accept reality.

As discussed many times, LEM offers handling benefits but yields less performance per unit of skill when shooting for time. Only you can decide if that is a good trade off.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As discussed many times, LEM offers handling benefits but yields less performance per unit of skill when shooting for time. Only you can decide if that is a good trade off.
    I've found the VP9 trigger to be a good alternative to the LEM.
    It's more forgiving than the LEM when it comes to shooting but it's still easy to back off the trigger mid-press.
    My Walther PPQ on the other hand fires at the mere thought of getting on the trigger and fires again just thinking about reset, great for competition but I'd never carry it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've found the VP9 trigger to be a good alternative to the LEM.
    It's more forgiving than the LEM when it comes to shooting but it's still easy to back off the trigger mid-press.
    My Walther PPQ on the other hand fires at the mere thought of getting on the trigger and fires again just thinking about reset, great for competition but I'd never carry it.
    Very interesting because in length of travel the VP9 is shortest, then stock Glock, and the stock PPQ has the most take up. As someone who flips and presses, I can’t feel the difference in reset between the three. Trigger weight is very close between VP9 and PPQ, where the Glock obviously varies by gen and components.

What the PPQ does have, is a very clean break after you reach the wall. Factory spec is 5.5 pounds but most say it is closer to 5.1.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

On my VP40, while weight-wise the triggerpull is very similar to a Glock (with the standard/dot connector and coil trigger spring), I find it's characteristics to be significantly different-it has a "softer" break point, and a slightly longer reset. Accordingly, I am somewhat wary to recommend a VP as a duty weapon, especially to a neophyte or inexperienced shooter; I really think that intensive familiarization training should be requisite before any consideration for duty.

LEM (or DAO, such as on my Beretta 92D) to me is an ideal duty/threat management action, as eloquently related by Dagga Boy and others, with it's hammer (visual clue), relative log triggerpull, perceptible (but relatively light at 5.4 lbs for V1 Light LEM) and short reset. And instant "decocking," with no action requisite other than removing one's finger from the trigger.

Best, Jon

User Tag List