Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 and training classes

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    So you'll be the individual commuting to class in a Ford Pinto and shooting a Japanese Army Type 94.....

Best, Jon
    There were plenty of people refusing to return their defective Samsung Note 7s as well... until Samsung remote bricked them all. I guess you can't fix stubborn.
    Last edited by lordhamster; 08-14-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    There were plenty of people refusing to return their defective Samsung Note 7s as well... until Samsung remote bricked them all. I guess you can't fix stubborn.
    I believe the saying is, "you can't fix stupid". Let's not sugarcoat it, or forget that it's a two-way street in this instance.

In other words, even if Sig could remote brick all the 320's, they've made it pretty clear that they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLG View Post
    Lol What about all the other pistols that have not been subjected to this so called test?If the instructor bans a pistol that has passed ALL current industry tests and then some get a refund.We have raised a nation of sissies.lol
    It's not about what tests were passed or if those tests even adequately determine whether the gun is safe or not. We know that if the thing is dropped just right it can go off. It's not like only a few exhibit the problem either...

If any other pistols have the same issues I suspect the same reasonable people will make the same call, leave it at home. If that's being a sissy then I guess we're all fucked.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLG View Post
    Lol What about all the other pistols that have not been subjected to this so called test?If the instructor bans a pistol that has passed ALL current industry tests and then some get a refund.We have raised a nation of sissies.lol
    That's what the trooper said. Actually for a lot of pistols on the market a much longer time, they have been informally tested by drops in the wild. This particular drop in question is not that uncommon in the universe of drops. The whole scene is demo of how incomplete some of the official tests are. The Army test does include a "muzzle up" drop. And the M17 apparently passed that. Which is the big topic.

My BHP passed my test of one. We saw that G19 in the vid on this thread pass it 5 or 10 times. My hunch is most modern service pistol designs are probably in fairly good shape. Just a guess. It's hard to say for designs only out a couple years though.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-14-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Well, heard back from my inquiry. P320s will be allowed. Now I have to decide if I eat my deposit or make a long drive to see if there actually is one in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Well, heard back from my inquiry. P320s will be allowed. Now I have to decide if I eat my deposit or make a long drive to see if there actually is one in the class.
    Trust your gut.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Just anecdotally, in one class I was in - an old fart (of which I am a proud class member), drew his gun and threw it about 20 ft. in front of him. In an IDPA match, a gentleman decided to hustle from one point to another, he caught his foot on a barricade support and went ass over tea kettle with his gun flying away. So it happens that guns fly with gusto.

The one time I was almost shot was by a guy who was told to load and make ready with a 1911. On holstering, it went BOOM - a foot from my foot and inches from the SO. I was score keeper.

I don't have a lot of experience taking firearms classes. Before I pay my balance would it be unreasonable for me to ask (and expect an answer) if any P320s are in the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Just make sure the P320 users have a lanyard.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Hypothetically, let's say an instructor allows a student to use an "un-fixed" P320 in a class next week. Let's also say that during the class that student drops the pistol, it discharges, and kills another student. Would the student and/or instructor be liable?

User Tag List