Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Auto Triggers: market trends, choices, and consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I suspect it's the same reason you are required to pull the trigger on a unload and show clear in competition, to prove the gun is in fact unloaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Pretty much- just in case after all the other steps, you still had a round in your weapon- pulling the trigger pretty much made sure you didn't anymore.
    Almost 15 years of shooting competitions matches, I've seen "empty" guns go bang on the unload and show clear more than a few times.

What goes around comes around. Maybe the firearms community will listen to voices of reason now that there is a big striker fired problem out there.

I also can't resist pointing out that before Glock we had a striker fired pistol with a 3.5 pounds factory trigger and no safety problems: the HK P7.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Almost 15 years of shooting competitions matches, I've seen "empty" guns go bang on the unload and show clear more than a few times.
    I prefer the the LEO Method used here. Drop the magazine and lock the slide back and holster after Firearms Instructor verifies the pistol is empty.

Is a DA/SA with a 5lb DA and a 2lb SA really safer than a striker with a 6lb trigger?

What if it's a two stage striker trigger (like a Glock)?

In the end, dumb people are attracted to firearms. There's always going to be negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Is a DA/SA with a 5lb DA and a 2lb SA really safer than a striker with a 6lb trigger?

In the end, dumb people are attracted to firearms. There's always going to be negligence.
    Who makes a 5 lb da and 2 lb sa from the factory? Or maybe asking who builds a non gamer gun with that trigger? I still believe having a longer da pull is better then a shorter striker. Also I have seen a couple comparisons of striker vs da that had similar lengths of pull. The da has a consistent weight of pull through the travel. Hence why some guys like the rolling break. Vs a striker has barely any weight through the travel until the break.

So you may have the same weight in the break itself. But you have a 1/2 inch of 6 lbs vs 1/16 inch of 6 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

It's not the weight of the trigger that keeps people out of trouble, it's the length of trigger pull.

I do agree with your last statement.
    Last edited by crossrifles; 08-13-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I also can't resist pointing out that before Glock we had a striker fired pistol with a 3.5 pounds factory trigger and no safety problems: the HK P7.
    Which is pretty much completely decocked until squeezing the very stiff squeeze-cocker mechanism, this would be about the only way I would take striker fired actions at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    Which is pretty much completely decocked until squeezing the very stiff squeeze-cocker mechanism, this would be about the only way I would take striker fired actions at this point.
    A Glock will not fire if you dropped it like the Sig P320 has been dropped. Neither will the VP9. I'm willing to test my CZ P10C here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I prefer the the LEO Method used here. Drop the magazine and lock the slide back and holster after Firearms Instructor verifies the pistol is empty.
    That doesn't really work for competitions. You're going to turn the person loose and send them off to wander the range once you've cleared them, and many of the holsters used in competition won't reliably secure the pistol with the slide locked back.

The competition method of pulling the trigger works exactly as it's supposed to. Including when the gun still goes bang.

My point wasn't to say otherwise, only to point out that very often "cleared" guns, aren't, and the only way to know for sure is to pull the trigger.

In fact, this is why I always had shooters with DA guns pull the trigger and not simply decock, as the latter misses the entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    A Glock will not fire if you dropped it like the Sig P320 has been dropped. Neither will the VP9. I'm willing to test my CZ P10C here shortly.
    I said that not only for drop safety, but also just generally handling safety. It takes a very distinct action to squeeze cock the action, therefore far less likely to discharge coming in/out of holster or just being handled for whatever reason.

User Tag List