Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which new Glock?

Which new Glock?

I shot in the GSSF match in Brighton, MI this year and the preliminary results recently were posted. Looks like I'll be getting a Glock via a purchase voucher as well as winning a Glock.

So the question now becomes...which ones do I get?

One will definitely be a G19Gen4 that I can vet and setup as a backup to my carry G19. The question is if I get the MOS version or not to play around with a red dot. My thinking right now is to get the standard G19Gen4 as the MOS system may be able to easily allow me to try a red dot, but it's more expensive and it's not a solid long term mounting solution from the sounds of it. I could, for cheaper than milling and BUIS, get the Dueck Defense RBU, and if I like the dot, just have the gun milled. Or am I wrong here?

The other Glock I'm thinking should be a competition model, so I can compete in that division. But the question is, do I go G34 or G35? My gut tells me G34, but I've never shot a G35 so I have no idea what that's like. What are some of your suggestions on this?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Why would you buy two different calibers to support? Go G34.
    #RESIST

I'd go G34 and G19 and make one or the other, your pick, a MOS. That's just me. I've got a G19 MOS I'm using as a range toy. No problems so far except erratic ejection, but my round count is very low on it, less than 500

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    But the question is, do I go G34 or G35? My gut tells me G34, but I've never shot a G35 so I have no idea what that's like.

The G35 shoots like a G34, only with more $$$ and less coins in the play queue.

Name:  1up.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  14.0 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Congrats, may there be many more wins to come!

You may already know this but there's nothing stopping you from shooting your 19 in Competition and Unlimited in addition to Civilian/Guardian. YMMV, but my GSSF scores with my 17, 26, and 30 are usually within 5%, and sometimes my best score of the day has been with the 30. Not that there's anything wrong with the 34 if you want one. The only advantage I'd see to the 35 is if you want to shoot Major in USPSA Limited.

I don't see any problems with your thinking re: MOS, I'm taking a similar approach myself with a dovetail mount for my DPP.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Congrats, may there be many more wins to come!

You may already know this but there's nothing stopping you from shooting your 19 in Competition and Unlimited in addition to Civilian/Guardian. YMMV, but my GSSF scores with my 17, 26, and 30 are usually within 5%, and sometimes my best score of the day has been with the 30. Not that there's anything wrong with the 34 if you want one. The only advantage I'd see to the 35 is if you want to shoot Major in USPSA Limited.

I don't see any problems with your thinking re: MOS, I'm taking a similar approach myself with a dovetail mount for my DPP.
    I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the divisions then. Didn't realize that I could shoot my G19 in all those divisions at the same time. I might have to rethink this then.

Perhaps I should go for a G21 instead of a G34 so I can shoot Heavymetal. I don't really have a practical use for a G34 outside of GSSF except for maybe a dedicated HD pistol with a WML.

The GSSF Registration Form is a little easier to follow than the rulebook for seeing which models are allowed in which divisions. So you'd pay a separate entry fee, get separate score sheets, and just shoot the same gun another time for each additional division.

The 21 could be a good choice, Heavy Metal is a great division to shoot. If GSSF is your focus, the dark horse candidate would be the 30...gives you access to Subcompact, Heavy Metal, and Major Sub...everything the 19 can't do (well, aside from Pocket). With the standard finger-rest 10-round mags, it is identical in grip height and sight radius to a 19, just in .45 ACP, and is surprisingly easy to shoot especially with lighter loads.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    The other Glock I'm thinking should be a competition model, so I can compete in that division. But the question is, do I go G34 or G35? My gut tells me G34, but I've never shot a G35 so I have no idea what that's like. What are some of your suggestions on this?
    I actually prefer my 35 to my 34, but the ONLY way I'd consider the 35 is if you reload your own ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    The GSSF Registration Form is a little easier to follow than the rulebook for seeing which models are allowed in which divisions. So you'd pay a separate entry fee, get separate score sheets, and just shoot the same gun another time for each additional division.

The 21 could be a good choice, Heavy Metal is a great division to shoot. If GSSF is your focus, the dark horse candidate would be the 30...gives you access to Subcompact, Heavy Metal, and Major Sub...everything the 19 can't do (well, aside from Pocket). With the standard finger-rest 10-round mags, it is identical in grip height and sight radius to a 19, just in .45 ACP, and is surprisingly easy to shoot especially with lighter loads.
    GSSF isn't necessarily my focus so much as it's a competition setting that's both my gateway drug into USPSA and a competition that some of my more casual friends are cool in shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Why would you buy two different calibers to support? Go Gen5 G34.
    FTFY
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List