Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Auto Triggers: market trends, choices, and consequences

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Having watched a few clearing barrels get killed I would say the fault is in general education of the manual of arms. IME, on a base where Condition 3 pistols were allowed, the following happened:

1. Servicemember, usually an officer (sorry not sorry #truth), would draw their C3 M9.

2. Servicemember would do a hasty visual chamber check while racking the slide.

3. Servicemember would then drop the magazine.

4. Servicemember would then present the muzzle into the barrel and drop the hammer.

5. Bang.
    I just have to ask...why would it be necessary to press the trigger at the clearing barrel?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I doubt I'll be able to do for the SD9 what EL did for the PX4, but I'll try.

The SD9 is 100% SCD-able with a Glock-style drop-in SCD. I can't comment on future products and availability, but I will say that I own 4 or 5 SD9s.

ETA: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!

Attachment 18971

That's a current Glock SCD on a SD9. The fit is not perfect, but it locks into place, works, and demonstrates that with only minimal modification a SD9/40 SCD is possible.
    That post is going to cost me some money, maybe. I had a .40 a few years ago. Nicely made, did not mind anything about it except the caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    You are absolutely correct. Every forum has a celebrity they placate to.
    If you don't like the fact that EL gets to post his opinion (just like you do), click logout, go away, be happy. We'll carry on in your absence.

I just read through all 17 pages of this topic as well as the related topic that DB started. Really starting to think about a Beretta PX4 compact right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I just read through all 17 pages of this topic as well as the related topic that DB started. Really starting to think about a Beretta PX4 compact right about now.

Buddy of mine ordered one yesterday, there's some deals out there to be had. I'm kinda responsible, cause he shot mine and loved it. It really is a heck of a little pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I just have to ask...why would it be necessary to press the trigger at the clearing barrel?
    SOP. IOW, they have to.

Site Supporter
    I doubt I'll be able to do for the SD9 what EL did for the PX4, but I'll try.

The SD9 is 100% SCD-able with a Glock-style drop-in SCD. I can't comment on future products and availability, but I will say that I own 4 or 5 SD9s.

ETA: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!

Attachment 18971

That's a current Glock SCD on a SD9. The fit is not perfect, but it locks into place, works, and demonstrates that with only minimal modification a SD9/40 SCD is possible.

I feel teased! That's awesome to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    SOP. IOW, they have to.
    Maybe but there's usually a supposed reason for SOP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Maybe but there's usually a supposed reason for SOP's.
    I suspect it's the same reason you are required to pull the trigger on a unload and show clear in competition, to prove the gun is in fact unloaded.

I suspect it's the same reason you are required to pull the trigger on a unload and show clear in competition, to prove the gun is in fact unloaded.
    Pretty much- just in case after all the other steps, you still had a round in your weapon- pulling the trigger pretty much made sure you didn't anymore.
    Every day in transportation makes me feel like I brought a toothpick to a gun fight.

User Tag List