Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Favorite drink

Site Supporter
    Jameson Black Barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    55 seconds. Can't even look at a can of "Arnie Palmies" anymore.
    Classic. That's what convinced me to try one. With vodka, of course.

Favorite drink

The tears of my enemies.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Bourbon. Neat

Islay scotch and bourbon.

Beer: whatever mood or season of flavor I am in.

To the OP: just goes to show you the difference and preferences of everyones tastes because I strongly dislike unfiltered wheat beer.

Well, assuming that "adult drink" includes caffeinated, a good Darjeeling tea comes to mind. Political unrest in the area of the tea gardens has caused Darjeeling to be quite rare. A good Assam tea can be a decent substitute. Another black tea I recently discovered, and really like, is Numi's Emperor's Pu-erh, which needs no sweetening, though added whole milk is nice. I generally add milk to black teas, and am picky about the quality of the milk.

Nothing wrong with one premium Margarita, made with Silver Patron, or better, with good Mexican food, but I can live just fine without alcoholic beverages.

Maker's Mark for booze, and LA Cumbre IPA for beer.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    For me, it's all about the "brown water". Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare are my two favorites, but I'm looking to expand into some good sipping rums/tequilas (I'm open to suggestions, no bats/pirates or guys named Jose please). Figure down here in South FL I should probably be able to find some good options there.

If I have a beer, I like the IPAs in the spring/summer, Porters/Stouts in the winter, and darker ales/lagers in the fall. I've been a fan of Blue Point Toasted Lager recently, but my all time favorite was the Yellowhammer Brewery (Huntsville, AL) "Tobacco Road" Imperial Amber Ale. I'm going to miss that stuff this year . . . hoping one of my compatriots back in America can send me a couple cases this fall when it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yes I've tried that approach with several local stores and none are willing to put me on a call list. You have to be lucky enough to visit their store when they just happen to have a bottle of Blanton's on the shelf. Which is almost never.
    The ABC stores (not state owned, just the ABC chain) down here in FL do a lottery for low volume Bourbon. I haven't signed up for it yet, but as much as everyone talks about it I need to lay my paws on a bottle at some point.

If you want an amazing tequila to sip: Clase Azul.

Nothing quite like oaxaqueño hot chocolate:

Name:  IMG_2236.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  33.0 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List