Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite drink

Favorite drink

We have had beer, whiskey, wine (maybe?), and mixes of all of those. I am curious, as of today what is your favorite adult drink?

I go through phases myself but currently I am not drinking much but when I do its usually an unfiltered wheat beer.

Vermouth on the rocks with a twist?

No, if it's not cheap wine then 90% gin and tonic. New Amsterdam is working pretty well.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    I must break my response into two parts, beer and bourbon.

For beer, I prefer Pale Ales with IPAs a close second. I have a lot of favorites in those two categories. A stout once in a while during cooler months.

I like several bourbons, my favorite remains Blanton's.

Not drinking much at all these days but:

Laphroaig Quarter Cask

Any Super Hoppy Imperial West Coast IPA

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout

Iron Horse Irish Death

Dry Italian Red Wines
    Last edited by PNWTO; 08-11-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    We have had beer, whiskey, wine (maybe?), and mixes of all of those. I am curious, as of today what is your favorite adult drink?

I go through phases myself but currently I am not drinking much but when I do its usually an unfiltered wheat beer.
    Good bourbon, good anejo tequila, good dry red or white wine, IPAs, pale ales, gin&tonic. I don't really cycle through them. I stay current with them all.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Long island iced tea, though I stay away from them in general due to the alcohol content. I have a high tolerance, but that's a lot of alcohol.

A Mexican restaurant in my small home town has the best margaritas I've ever had. I once asked them what their secret ingredient was: Everclear. It was then that I realized the food was terrible, and no customer there didn't have a margarita.

My SO and I recently discovered Texas Silver Star Whiskey. Without exaggeration, it is the best accessibly-priced whiskey I've ever had. I met one of the owners at a promotion and he signed the bottle for me.

Name:  IMG_20170811_153631.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  55.6 KB

Otherwise, the older I get, the more I appreciate a good cup of cold water.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Scotch (dalmore), Bourbon (four roses single barrel), Old Fashioned's (bulleit rye), and Highballs (hibiki).
    Last edited by theJanitor; 08-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Site Supporter

I'll occasionally make Vodka Martinis, mostly as a reason to eat garlic-jalapeno stuffed olives I like from Costco.
    Recently discovered this excellent Vodka.
    I've not found the Gold or Platinum, but the regular stuff is great.

ETA: Summer drink recommendation...
    Dirty Martini with chunks of watermelon.
    Don't mock it until you've tried it.
    You Southerners that like to put a little salt on your melon will appreciate this for sure.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-11-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

A shot of Fireball. It takes me a whole evening to finish it and I do that about twice a year
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Gin and tonic. A decent gin- Plymouth is a favorite, but I'll also gladly accept any of good quality.
    Schweppes Tonic Water, of course. Plus the juice of half a lime, with a generous amount of oil from the peel.
    Perfect drink for a hot tropical afternoon.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List