Thread: How do you measure Glock trigger pull weight?

How do you measure Glock trigger pull weight?

Is there a standard or accepted method to measure glock trigger pull weight (or any curved trigger for that matter)? I get vastly different readings depending on where I place the trigger gauge hook on the trigger. I get a much lighter result at the bottom tip of the trigger due to a leverage advantage compared to a much heavier result at the top of the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Is there a standard or accepted method to measure glock trigger pull weight (or any curved trigger for that matter)? I get vastly different readings depending on where I place the trigger gauge hook on the trigger. I get a much lighter result at the bottom tip of the trigger due to a leverage advantage compared to a much heavier result at the top of the trigger.
    The rule I've heard is measure where "you" place your finger. I measure my "minus" connector Glocks a third of the way up from the bottom tip. I have never measured one under 5 lbs there, and only ONE at 5 lbs out of a fleet of about a dozen. The rest are 5.25-5.5.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-11-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List