Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miroku .38 revolver

Miroku .38 revolver

Found the following today for under $300:

Name:  20170811_140603.jpg
Views: 5216
Size:  28.0 KB

An old Miroku 6 shot .38 revolver. Picked it up just for the heck of it.

So, revolver gurus, what do I need to know?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Isn't Miroku the company that makes guns for Browning?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Isn't Miroku the company that makes guns for Browning?
    Yep. They also made .38's for the Japanese police a few years back, if memory serves.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    These revolvers hit the market in the late 1960s. I think there was a 4 inch version too. The picture above shows some Colt traits--ejector rod not locking into a denent under the barrel and a side plate on the left side. But the action more closely resembles S&W than Colt but is not an exact copy of either. Notice that the grips are S&W knock offs down to the diamond in letted around the screw. Overall image is J frame, but size is between Colt Detective Special and K frame. Reviewers from decades ago gave them high marks. Miroku is the company that made rifles and shotguns stamped with the names Winchester and Browning.

I doubt if they have collector value, but I would buy them without hesitation if the price was right. You can bet that they were all made from the best steel, on the best machinery, and assembled by expert craftsmen--unheard of today.

Site Supporter
    Looks like a Colt DS externally. Wonder if the internals do too?

Site Supporter
    No, the external resemble S&W but are not exact. The hand turning the cylinder is different from either.

The op paid less than $300 and got a great deal. Maybe he'll sell it to one of us or trade it for a nice Taurus or Charter Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    No, the external resemble S&W but are not exact. The hand turning the cylinder is different from either.

The op paid less than $300 and got a great deal. Maybe he'll sell it to one of us or trade it for a nice Taurus or Charter Arms.
    Nope.

10/10 would buy.

I want to know how it shoots.

I've always loved the Miroku built "Browning" shotguns. In particular, I've had a softspot for the bluing and craftsmanship on the BPS guns...

I plan to take it out next week for a quick test.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post

Fascinating obscure history.

But hand turning is different than either . . . Clockwise . . . Counterclockwise . . . ?

Or hand turning does not mean what I think it means?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List