Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is buying the m&p 1.0's that are going up for cheap? If so, great deal on barrels

I picked up a 9mm 2.0 and shot it today for the first time. So far I'm really liking the new textured grip and the trigger is adequate out of the box. I never shot the first generation M&P so I can't make any comparisons. Surprisingly, compared to my Glocks I don't feel the instant need to upgrade the 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    What are the 2.0 problems you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The same lack of accuracy commonly encountered in the 1st gen. guns. He bought a 5" and a 4.5". Both exhibited great accuracy until about eight hundred rounds total had been fired through both guns. After that, the same old same: four to six inch groups at twenty five yards. The shorter gun also started to rattle like a can full of rocks. One of the guns also started exhibiting peening of the forward edge of the barrel hood, but I can't remember which one. He called S&W and was informed that he could send the guns back, but likely nothing would be done as everything sounded "in spec". He was also given the line about "combat accuracy".
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

If that's the case I have about 400 rounds to go. We shall see.

No way would I gamble on a Gen1 9mm M&P. I had far too many accuracy problems with the five or six that I owned to ever consider them again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The same lack of accuracy commonly encountered in the 1st gen. guns. He bought a 5" and a 4.5". Both exhibited great accuracy until about eight hundred rounds total had been fired through both guns. After that, the same old same: four to six inch groups at twenty five yards. The shorter gun also started to rattle like a can full of rocks. One of the guns also started exhibiting peening of the forward edge of the barrel hood, but I can't remember which one. He called S&W and was informed that he could send the guns back, but likely nothing would be done as everything sounded "in spec". He was also given the line about "combat accuracy".
    My personal (anecdotal) data here, Im at 3100+ with my (9mm) 2.0 and havent encountered the same issue as the two 9mms 1.0's ive owned. I went ahead and bought it after various forums tested it and Randy Lee confirmed tolerances were tightened up with the lockup. Did he ever send the pistols back?

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    No way would I gamble on a Gen1 9mm M&P. I had far too many accuracy problems with the five or six that I owned to ever consider them again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I had a total of 6 first gens. The 5" guns I had were pretty solid, but 2 of the 4 FS I couldn't be sure if it was me or the Gun.

Shot back to back with the VP9 I also have, it was the Gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Site Supporter
    With M&P .40's available as $269 trade ins, I would rather drop a 9mm conversion barrel in than roll the dice with a 9mm.

BTW - AIM has M&P 45's for $299. No accuracy issues with the .45s.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That right there sounds alot like that famous S&W customer service I hear so much about...

Have to say I agree with your sentiments regarding S&W as a whole.

Shooting the 9c tomorrow , shooting the FS with sico barrel next weekend when it comes (and some with the factory barrel out of curiosity. So I should have neither crappy accuracy nor crappy triggers to contend with since my sears come Tuesday.

Those 40s with conversion barrels are good ideas too.

FWIW, the apex tactical barrels work as advertised in solving the 9mm accuracy issues. If you're thinking of going .40 to get a .40 and 9mm capability, cool. But if you're getting a .40 just to drop in a conversion barrel, get a 9mm and upgrade with the Apex barrel.

User Tag List