Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is buying the m&p 1.0's that are going up for cheap? If so, great deal on barrels

Locally, I see used M&P's going for under $400. I paid $350 for a FS Gen 1 9mm with thumb safety. It had the old 1/16 sear spring housing which I replaced. The part cost $50 and was out of stock at all the usual places. I found the correct part on EBay. Now I can install an Apex trigger kit. I have only test fired it and found the trigger to be pretty heavy. I will eventually test for accuracy and if poor, I will invest in a barrel. The sights are the original Novak's with dim tritium and may need replacing too. So my bargain may be expensive in the long run. I knew this going in after reading all the threads here. I am starting to think of the M&P as the 1911 of striker fired pistols.

Given the performance seen in two 2.0s recently purchased by a fellow troop, you know the one that was supposed to fix the problems of the 1.0, you couldn't give me an M&P of any vintage. Sadly, considering the issues I've also seen with new S&W revolvers, I can't get behind S&W at all these days.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-11-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Given the performance seen in two 2.0s recently purchased by a fellow troop, you know the one that was supposed to fix the problems of the 1.0, you couldn't give me an M&P of any vintage.
    What are the 2.0 problems you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

So with the new 2.0's selling for $399, why would anyone pay $350 for a gen 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vetted vs troubled. Easy. Some folks don't want to beta test a new gun for issues that should have been caught before it was released. Early adopters deal with loads more crap than everyone else.
    Last edited by Westtexasrancher; 08-11-2017 at 08:53 PM.

And I spent less than that, with new trijicon HDs and spare mags (my personal case). You can do much better than 350! It was tough not buying a 2.0...until I started researching and seeing all the issues popping up after a k or two.

I am in the market for a M&P 40 for my Sig P320.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    What are the 2.0 problems you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Also wondering.

For the OP, I haven't seen much on the SilencerCo barrels, but what I have seen wasn't great IIRC. Just because KKM makes it doesn't mean its KKM spec'd. Whether or not its better than stock may be hard to say.

ETA - nevermind, looks like it has decent performance. That's tempting...
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-11-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    If memory serves me right, the 1.0 Compact version has always had very good/excellent accuracy.

About S&W's unfortunate track record of not getting it right over and again. Can anybody here put forth plausible reasons for their continued failure?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    If memory serves me right, the 1.0 Compact version has always had very good/excellent accuracy.
    Correct on all counts. It is often overlooked because of its big brother has a rep for having a host of issues.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List