Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is buying the m&p 1.0's that are going up for cheap? If so, great deal on barrels

Who is buying the m&p 1.0's that are going up for cheap? If so, great deal on barrels

Hey yall.
    So as you might know, there are some killer deals right now for m&p 1.0's new and used. I bought a used compact 9 and used FS 9 this month, both with new Trijicon HD's AND extra mags, for less than the price of a canik pistol each. I have 2 apex sears in route, and this morning I was searching for a replacement barrel for the FS, not specifically threaded but threaded would be nice for my sico hybrid. Anyways, after some searching I ran across Silencerco M&P barrels at Brownells. The FS 9mm threaded barrel was only 140 bucks, and there is a 10 dollar off coupon right now (and possibly others floating around). It turns out these are KKM barrels with a nitride finish and silencerco engraving (and these are 250 with a couple month wait time from KKM). Hell of a deal, for $134 you can get one coming your way. I don't know if we're supposed to post links, but just search on brownells.

Who else has picked up cheap 1.0's since the 2.0 came out? Already vetted platform, throw in a sear and possibly a barrel and have a hell of a good pistol for cheap. I wanted a m&p, was going to get a 2.0 but after all the issues I have seen, and the fact that I don't buy guns immediately after release (I don't want to beta test), started looking for 1.0's. Turns out there are a LOT of people and companies both selling new and used M&P's for great prices.

Anyone else taking advantage of this? Go look if you are interested, you will find great deals.

LE/MIL, there are new m&p's for 250 bucks after rebate from a couple of places.

I haven't but I am thinking about it. My major hesitance is I don't really "need" a new pistol and I'm not exactly going to swtich platforms right now.

Site Supporter
    If I was in the market for a Service size pistol I would certainly consider the deals on new and used M&P right now or the deals on the 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I haven't but I am thinking about it. My major hesitance is I don't really "need" a new pistol and I'm not exactly going to swtich platforms right now.
    I am in the same boat...more shooting and less gun buying is my 2017 goal. Deals be damned!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Have a friend who is probably selling me his 4" 2.0 9mm w thumb safety. With night sights and box/papers... I don't NEED it. I don't NEED any more guns ever. But, I hated the mushy 1.0 trigger, and I like the 2.0 much better... I traded off my 1.0 pistol, but kept all the holsters and mags, just in case.

It too low a price not to jump on it and try it some more. At worst, I have a nice option to trade if I don't like it.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I imagine the situation with M&P 40's (and 9's to a lesser extent) will be the same as K frame 38's a decade or so ago...i'd love to buy 4 or 5 just to throw in the safe and have for trade fodder later on
    Last edited by richiecotite; 08-11-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

I'll be sticking with the platforms I've already got. The M&Ps in general, and Smith & Wesson's seeming inabilities to comprehensively fix their various maladies over the years (particularly, but not exclusively over the years the 9mm M&Ps) would make me only slightly more inclined to pick any M&P, particularly a 1.0 (and definitely not a 9mm one) over, say, a SIG P320 right now...

Best, Jon

Vending Machine Operator
    I have an M&P 40 and I've owned an M&P 9 Shield, and I just cannot, for the life of me, shoot well with the hinged trigger. My fault, not theirs.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I got into them knowing I would just put a 40 dollar sear in them and have good triggers. I will have the sears before I even pick them up. So I don't count that as a strike against them, seeing as I spend money on glock triggers immediately too. Though I will probably put the fancy apex trigger blades on them too, if I don't like the hinge.

And if you look for the policr tradein 40s, they are crazy cheap too (all 40s, sigs, hk, etc) right now. I just about bought some 40s to convert until I started seeing good 9mm deals.
    Last edited by Westtexasrancher; 08-11-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Disregard
    Last edited by Westtexasrancher; 08-11-2017 at 03:19 PM.

User Tag List