Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Who is buying the m&p 1.0's that are going up for cheap? If so, great deal on barrels

About 200 through the 9c and 300 through the FS with Sico barrel. Both are very accurate (didn't even try the factory FS barrel yet). I was pinging 100yd silhouettes at 100 easier than I can with most other pistols with the FS, and even had a few hits with the 9c. Could have done better but my shoulders were so sore that it was tough holding the pistols up for very long (due to astronaut rescue training, no shit) At 50 yards, silhouettes were almost easy with both. I was doing well on 5" dueling tree plates at 30 yards with the FS, I cleaned 6 in a row and came close a couple other times, I was thinking it was 20 yards until I used my rangefinder and then I was VERY impressed. For me, that is wonderful.

I did have one FTF with the FS...not sure what caused it, as I tap/racked/banged it into the tall grass and didn't try to find it. Otherwise, so far so good.

The thread protector comes loose too often, so I ended up leaving it off. Trying to decide if some sort of o-ring or something else will help with that. Or locate a spanner that fits it.

So my early points:
    9c is awesome
    FS is awesome
    Apex sear is great (FS might get the whole treatment, though)
    Sico (kkm) barrel is VERY accurate
    Trijicon HD's are the bidness and any pistol I buy will wear them
    9c shoots like a larger gun, FS shoots very flat in my hand. Adding talon grips though, they are little smooth for me.
    I am shooting the 9c well, and the FS better than I have with other FS pistols. It could be "new gun syndrome", but I didn't shoot that well with my PPQ and 1911 that were new guns earlier this year.
    Last edited by Westtexasrancher; 08-23-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    LE/MIL, there are new m&p's for 250 bucks after rebate from a couple of places.
    OP, where are you seeing these deals?

Guy at work begged to buy mine last week. (We're MIL).

Any long slides?

use gunwatcher and gun.deals to find them....I always keep an eye on gun.deals as most is useless but often there are killer deals posted. Sorry, but I can't remember where they were.

Sico barrels still on sale at brownells, with free shipping

FYI Cabelas has the M&P 9 1.0 on sale for $349 in store and there are $20 off $150+ coupons floating around. $329 and the rebate offer make this a good option for someone that likes M&P's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    FYI Cabelas has the M&P 9 1.0 on sale for $349 in store and there are $20 off $150+ coupons floating around. $329 and the rebate offer make this a good option for someone that likes M&P's.
    Plus if you have a .mil ID another 5% off.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Plus if you have a .mil ID another 5% off.
    Welp, I caved and bought one. Cost me $297 out of pocket by using a $20 off coupon and discounted gift cards from giftcardzen.com. I just filled out the rebate form for the two mags/ammo/loader (which I'll sell as I have a Maglula). So I will have an M&P9 made 6/20/17 with four mags and some defensive ammo for less than $300. Far less depending on what those loaders are actually selling for on eBay right now

For the record, I have a WELL FUNCTIONING M&P 2.0, but my EDC and training guns are 1.0's. I dig them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still loving the m&ps. Had an eye-opening experience today. I shot 5 round groups at 5, 10, 15, 25 yards using the m&p 9c, the full size with the sico barrel, and the full size with the factory barrel. The compacts groups were almost identical to the full size. The factory barrel shoots just as well as the silencerco barrel. Yes, the factory m&p barrel. It DOES shoot about 2" low at 25 yards. I know it is the barrel, because I was swapping barrels every 5 rounds. The silencerco barrel shot to point of aim, swap in the factory barrel and it was 2" low, repeated 4 times. Not sure if it's just how the trijicon HD's regulate or what, but the 9c with HD's shot poi/poa, the FS with sico barrel and HD's shot poi/poa, the FS with factory barrel and HD's shot low.

25 yard groups with the 9c were basically no different than the full size, which blew me away, because I am LOVING carrying this pistol (glock 26s in my hands look like a blind man was shooting them in comparison). It also shoots as fast as the full size does, as far as just getting rounds on target. The only difference I noticed, was when I was going balls to the wall, my shots with the FS were consistently a MUCH smaller group than balls to the wall with the 9c.

5, 5-round groups, fast as I could (while keeping in a "torso" sized target") with the FS, gave me smaller groups than any glock I've ever owned, or any other pistol for that matter, even my DW valor bob. I thought it was a fluke, but it kept repeating. I am so impressed with both of these pistols. I am a m&p fella, it's settled.

Or maybe it's the bob vogel panteao video I watched before going to the range Either way, I love the m&p. Want to get a pro now, and a 2.0.
    Last edited by Westtexasrancher; 09-20-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    For what it's worth, my 9c is on my short list of "never sell pistols." Doesn't mean every single one of them will work as well as mine, and I have had one I loved less. But I've basically been waiting for S&W to give me that same gun as my 9c in a bigger package for a decade. We'll see if the 2.0 9c will be just that.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List