Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAR: Red Dot Class, Modern Samurai Project, August 5th (2017), Berryville, VA

AAR: Red Dot Class, Modern Samurai Project, August 5th (2017), Berryville, VA

"Sooner, not faster."

Summary
    I saw a few posts about a "red dot" class which was put up by a mod of primary and secondary, this instantly got my attention as I had recently posted up an article about Optic Mounted Pistols and Conceptions in Application. I am also someone who wants my opinions and preconceptions challenged whenever feasible, so I sought out Scott Jedlinski (who was referred to the entire class as Jedi) and got a spot in this class knowing full well this was not the type of class I normally attend, specifically because it is competition focused and not tactics focused. Regardless of this I went into the class completely open minded and ready to accept whatever results came to be from Red Dot specific instruction. What I found was that this class was not just about optics on pistols, it was about proper pistol shooting through economy of motion. Scott's instruction is very passionate on this subject and it was very clear he believes in everything he teaches. My goal was to challenge my opinions of optic mounted pistols and their applications.
    click here to read the full review -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/08/aar-red...n-samurai.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Good review VM, I read it from your Facebook feed.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Good stuff, Voodoo.

I too gave up on the rds concept on a pistol for similar reasons (felt like I'd need one on each of my pistols, and couldn't afford that). In reading, I was more interested in your impressions of Scott, as I'd always heard good things. Might have to check him out for a non-rds class.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Good stuff, Voodoo.

I too gave up on the rds concept on a pistol for similar reasons (felt like I'd need one on each of my pistols, and couldn't afford that). In reading, I was more interested in your impressions of Scott, as I'd always heard good things. Might have to check him out for a non-rds class.
    If you are going to take one class, or planning on taking one class specifically designed around RDS mounted pistols, this should be it.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If you are going to take one class, or planning on taking one class specifically designed around RDS mounted pistols, this should be it.
    Great recommendation then! I met a guy in the Green Ops class I took who hosts Jedi each year for small (like three students) private classes, and said I can join next time. I do believe I will be all over that!
    Last edited by 43Under; 08-11-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Great recommendation then! I met a guy in the Green Ops class I took who hosts Jedi each year for small (like three students) private classes, and said I can join next time. I do believe I will be all over that!
    Private classes as awesome, lmk when they class is maybe I'll try to get in
    VDMSR.com

Good review on what seemed to be a dang good class. I have been to 2 red dot specific classes, and would definitely take that one.

"Myelination through proper repetition is the path to subconscious competence."

wut does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Permethrin View Post

wut does this mean?
    Its the insulation around a nerve to prevent loss or disruption of signal through the nerve. It essentially allows the nerve send signals faster. I have heard shooters talk of it before, it is essentially the nervous system reaction to constant repetitive motions. I am not an expert, but I read Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Permethrin View Post

wut does this mean?
    Basically just a fancy way of saying that you should practice properly to the point that you don't have to think about what you're doing. You don't think about how to walk or run, you just do it.

User Tag List