Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
You likely know that the action is the same as the Official Police and Python. A fact of life with these revolvers is that with extensive firing they tend to go out of time sooner than would a Smith. If it were mine, I would keep a drop of the best lube on the
action parts including extractor star. An odd fact about these revolvers is that the bores mike at .354 instead of .357 or .358.
I never knew the reason. Smith's comparable target revolver was the Model 14 or K-38. Champion bullseye shooters of many decades ago favored the Colt over the Smith. Both had an unusual factory offering that was single action only. It had a shortened hammer arc to reduce lock time. To preserve the action's correct timing, I would not use the double action feature. Neither would I dry fire it. But, I would put a very large number of standard velocity rounds through it. If you reload, try a 147 grain cast bullet sized .356. You have a very fine revolver, and today you can't go anywhere and find a new one. Please don't let anyone work on it.
Rest assured, you're preaching to the chior.