Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: P226 Reliability Challenge

I'm following this thread on a couple boards. The difference in attitude between the shooter board(here) and collector/accumulator boards (addicts & SigTalk) is almost amusing.

I'm curious to see what failure happens first. I'm wagering extraction issues. Probably around 10k rounds.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I'm following this thread on a couple boards. The difference in attitude between the shooter board(here) and collector/accumulator boards (addicts & SigTalk) is almost amusing.
    Oh, it is! Not just this either. The same content on various forums creates wildly different responses. A topic can evoke good discussion on one forum, be completely dead on another, and then instigate a fight between posters that gets it locked on a different one.

True. It's all a matter of application and mindset.

I'm eager to see the results of it either way. I've been waffling on replacing my 45 Auto 1911s with these or 9mm 1911s. I have a slew of Sig mags and gear, but the siren song of the 1911 keeps me from liquidating the investment from my safe and going all in on Sig.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

P226 Reliability Challenge

My only experience with a Sig SAO was a friends Legion 226. I thought the trigger was okay at best. It broke clean but there was a lot of take up for a SA and the reset was longer than I thought it should have been. I don't remember what the overtravel was like. My TDA Legion 226 has a much better SA trigger IMO.

Example of one of course.
    Last edited by MGW; 08-30-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Nice update. Remind me again...are you lubing on a set schedule or just when you see fit? Or are you not lubing and just pushing it until it chokes? If you're lubing regularly (every 1,000 or so) I bet you'll easily make it to 5,000+ rounds without issue.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Nice update. Remind me again...are you lubing on a set schedule or just when you see fit? Or are you not lubing and just pushing it until it chokes? If you're lubing regularly (every 1,000 or so) I bet you'll easily make it to 5,000+ rounds without issue.
    Thanks. Initially the plan was no lube, which was a mistake by me. I addressed it in the 1,000 round update. I'm lubing as needed, when I see the barrel or rails start getting dry.

The sig P series in 9mm are probably the most trouble free TDA's IMO.

I doubt you will have much trouble with it with regular lubing and spring changes.

Apologies if you've already answered this but what are you using for lube?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Apologies if you've already answered this but what are you using for lube?
    No worries. On the rails is Super Lube Synthetic Grease, a PTFE lubricant. Everywhere else gets Shooter’s Choice FP-10 oil.
    Last edited by Sterling Archer; 09-20-2017 at 01:59 PM.

User Tag List